Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Transfer Lets You Save 'Miis' to Your Mac

Posted by LOLDSFAN 
Wii Transfer Lets You Save 'Miis' to Your Mac
August 14, 2008 08:48PM

Riverfold Software has announced the release of Wii Transfer 2.6, an update to their utility that enables Mac users to share (unprotected) movies, music and pictures with a Nintendo Wii video game console. The new 2.6 release is a free update for registered users. Registering Wii Transfer costs US$19.

Wii Transfer helps you convert movies to a format the Wii can use, and lets you either stream the content from your Mac to the Wii over a network or for playback in the Wii's "Photo Channel" (by reading from an SD card). You can also browse your Mac's iTunes playlists and iPhoto albums from your Wii, and manage saved game backups copied to an SD card.

New to the 2.6 version is the ability to copy "Miis" -- the avatars Wii players create -- to your Mac as JPEG images. Movie support has been updated, and Wii Transfer now works with MOV, AVI, MPEG4, H.264, DivX and other formats. You can restrict browsing to specific iTunes playlists and iPhoto albums, and find iTunes and iPhoto movies directly within Wii Transfer to simplify conversion.

Source

Hm does that mii extractor allow you to do that to?
Re: Wii Transfer Lets You Save 'Miis' to Your Mac
August 14, 2008 10:34PM
The mii extractor allows you to put miis onto your SanDisk. From there you can put your SanDisk into your computer and access the mii data.
August 15, 2008 09:08AM
Is it homebrew, or what?
August 15, 2008 07:17PM
I don't think it is, because it cost money <.<...but it reminded me of homebrew that's why I posted it here.
August 15, 2008 11:17PM
Well, we have the same thing (for free) via homebrew.
September 10, 2008 04:20AM
It's probably one of those silly "Wii media centre" things that's really just a Flash file and a stripped-down web server. You browse to it on the Internet Channel and hey, streaming video. Plus, obviously, a Mii extractor.
September 10, 2008 11:02PM
HyperHacker
It's probably one of those silly "Wii media centre" things that's really just a Flash file and a stripped-down web server. You browse to it on the Internet Channel and hey, streaming video. Plus, obviously, a Mii extractor.
yeah i don't like those things since it sends your videos/photos/music over the net and uses up bandwith, is slow, lower quality, and not as secure. Is there anything that acts as a media center extender/ is it possible there will be one eventually?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login