Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DSi help.

Posted by darklink 
DSi help.
February 26, 2011 10:22PM
Well I haven't used my DSi in a long time and when I tried to go to the setting I got a message that said: "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting." So I turned it off and it still showed th same message. I went to the Nintendo support page and it said that I had to call a number but since I don't live in the U.S.A I can't call.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to solve this problem because I can't open any DSiware or play any games.
Re: DSi help.
February 26, 2011 11:56PM
Does the error show as soon as you power on, or only when you go to the Settings? And is there not an equivalent number for your country? Or is your DSi imported from the USA?
February 27, 2011 01:10AM
It show up whenever I try to open any app, even a game cartridge.
I bought my DSi when I lived in the USA but then i moved to Mexico and there is no number for Mexico.
February 27, 2011 09:04PM
Heh I bricked my DSi(it's headed to .NL for soldering+repair) by messing with writing minismarch savedata to NAND.(ran the app from sudokuhax, never soldered anything myself before) Sounds like my DSi displays the same screen except it fails immediately after healthscreen instead of at title launching.
"but then i moved to Mexico and there is no number for Mexico." Why not call the USA phone-number? Or just contact NOA repair support via email or something.(I didn't bother with N at all /w my bricked DSi)

EDIT:
The NAND clk is horrid, it seemed to die while writing critical FS metadata. It died after writing only 0x18 clusters.(~98KB) Launcher/sysmenu accesses the data dir for bannersav(most titles including minismarch don't have that) might be related although launcher doesn't touch the savimage itself. My app didn't cause any brick until the third run, where I added a f_sync call for file flush/sync.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2011 09:13PM by yellowstar.
February 28, 2011 09:30PM
Well I disconnected the battery and then put it on again and the message didn't show up, but when I turned it off and turned it back on it showed the message again.

Guess I'm gonna have to call Nintendo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login