Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sending modded wii in for repairs

Posted by seek 
Re: Sending modded wii in for repairs
February 16, 2009 01:06AM
but they wer fining him BEFORE they found the roms on thye sd card, (they wer charging him about the same price as the Wii costs/ lyk $250

THEN they found roms on his SD card, (His mom was CHEESED)
(not to mention he lived alone with his mom, who dosn`t have a job and they have SOOO many bills, so... basically, he dosn`t have a wii anymor... or any other system)
LOL
it was SOOO sad, but also kinda funny...
February 16, 2009 01:08AM
and he ended up paying over $1500 (lucky nintendo decided to just round it up to a nice even (but still evil) number
February 17, 2009 02:38AM
Are you being serious? I can understand the fine I suppose, but keeping his Wii? Is that even legal?
February 17, 2009 01:53PM
seek
Are you being serious? I can understand the fine I suppose, but keeping his Wii? Is that even legal?

yeah, I don't think they can do that with out some sort of court ruling...
February 19, 2009 05:29PM
smash_legend
and he ended up paying over $1500 (lucky nintendo decided to just round it up to a nice even (but still evil) number

evil? you're kidding. it's pretty cheap for having pirated over 50 roms.
February 20, 2009 02:45AM
hmmmmm....I think he would have been charged more than 4000 bucks if it had been found on a computer. But that's still really crappy for that to happen.
February 23, 2009 05:45PM
Wait a second! Snuffing out the SD card of other people without consent is not invasion of privacy?
February 23, 2009 07:11PM
DanielHueho
Wait a second! Snuffing out the SD card of other people without consent is not invasion of privacy?

yes, that is true..

either this story is bogus, Nintendo invaded his privacy and broke the law, or there is something in the contract that gives them the right to look through any media supplied with the Wii in a repair contract.
February 24, 2009 01:40AM
IDK, but they wer moastly snes and n64 and some gba, and that ain`t worth much
February 24, 2009 02:51AM
^ I'm not saying you're lying, but maybe your friend stretched the truth a bit? I don't know, that just sounds awfully harsh for Nintendo.
February 26, 2009 02:45AM
Hello? They're Japanese, nothing is too harsh. Well, maybe not, but i still wanna blame Someone! for WW2...and Nazis weren't the entire problem. Im going to stop ranting now.
March 03, 2009 06:44PM
Yes, 3.5 is on its way, should be here soon. My spring break is in two weeks, hopefully I'll be able to get a game with 3.5 on it by then...
March 03, 2009 09:01PM
seek
Yes, 3.5 is on its way, should be here soon. My spring break is in two weeks, hopefully I'll be able to get a game with 3.5 on it by then...
Fat chance! Even if a firmware higher than 3.4 came out later today, brand new retail games still wouldnt have the new firmware update partition until about at least a month or two afterward.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2009 09:02PM by Arikado.
March 03, 2009 10:18PM
And my hopes have been dashed ;) Oh well, I still have a gamecube.
March 03, 2009 10:40PM
Ironically, I've just realized that Korea got updated to 3.5 today. Perhaps we'll get firmware 3.5 a little faster than I anticipated ;) (I originally anticipated the next firmware wouldnt come out for a month or more)
March 05, 2009 03:21AM
what is in the Korean 3.5!?!
March 18, 2009 03:50AM
OK, so I'm on spring break now, back home with my Wii. I see that 3.5 still hasn't come Stateside yet, which kind of sucks. I was thinking though, are there any other Wii titles that I could try to boot to that would initiate an update of any kind in the Wii's memory? Doesn't Mario Kart install a channel or something? I guess I'm just wondering if it has to be a game with a new system menu in order for the memory corruption to be fixed?
March 25, 2009 09:38PM
So fortune has smiled on me this day. I was going to start the process of shipping my Wii to Nintendo to have them look at it, but that may not be necessary- glorious system menu 4.0 has graced this land. So, when can I expect this to be included in games? I'll try the savemiifrii method as soon as I can and report back on whether it worked or not.
March 26, 2009 04:02AM
sm 4!?!

link to news please?
March 29, 2009 07:37AM
Yea i soft-modded my wii and my wii's DVD drive won't read disk', sounds like there something stuck in it. I've only softmodded it. would it be safe to send it in? I want to play games, but i don't want to risk homebrew, so if i send it in will they update it to 4.0 and then i won't be able to install twilight hack or homebrew channel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login