Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HackMii - SCAM: HomebreWare and Wiiunlocker

Posted by bg4545 
HackMii - SCAM: HomebreWare and Wiiunlocker
February 15, 2009 10:27PM
[hackmii.com]
It seems they are stirring up some more trouble...
Re: HackMii - SCAM: HomebreWare and Wiiunlocker
February 15, 2009 11:10PM
Again?!

C'mon...
February 15, 2009 11:11PM
Why dont we create websites called www.freehomebreware.com and www.freewiiunlocker.com that just explain that homebreware and wii unlocker are scams and that everything they "sell" can be gotten free at wiibrew?

If anyone would like to contribute to the fight against these sites, I reccomend you be as big of a pain in the ass as possible. Go on sites like yahoo answers and spread the good word about wiibrew. Send complaint emails to these scam sites. Browse the internet for forums mislead by these sites and spread the good word about wiibrew. If you're a hacker, maybe see if you can take their servers down (I kid I dont want anyone from wiibrew doing anything illegal).

People are stupid, and they need to know the truth. These sites are scams. The faster we educate the public, the less sales these sites get. Good luck, and good health to anyone who helps out.
February 16, 2009 12:00AM
I agree, the best way to fight this is to make free alternatives... apparently, their customers are looking for ways to play free Wii games through pirating, so they should also look for Free version of homebreware and such...
February 16, 2009 12:18AM
Exactly DrLucky! So if someone can set up a server and purchase the domain names, I actually have more than enough of the XHTML and CSS know-how to make the web sites.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2009 12:18AM by Arikado.
February 16, 2009 12:19AM
surely wiibrew/hackmii could host it...
February 16, 2009 10:23AM
the thing is: those guys are semi-professional salers who use advanced marketing techniques to make easy/fast money

this stuff is old and work with every kind of "product": even if only a few people are paying for that scam, they will still be making enough money or jump to another one

the only way is to take them down as soon as they break coypright laws, I don't think you could won the popularity contest by trying to "educate" people on this one

I'm sure they don't like bad publicity as it could "hurt" their "sales" but unfortunately, bad publicity do not last forever (and here they are again)

more infos here: [forums.digitalpoint.com]

just browse the forum for a while and see the amount of scam sites floating around, it's pretty disgusting but today's world reality ;-)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2009 10:29AM by ekeeke.
February 16, 2009 10:52PM
Look at this.
and now this.
February 16, 2009 11:05PM
Hyocritical, much? That, or the blogger is a moron that doesnt know he's purchasing free software he's already used before.

Whoops. I thought the same blogger made those posts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2009 11:44PM by Arikado.
February 16, 2009 11:09PM
huh? i did the second blog right now in like 5 mins. and linked to my guide instead of homebreware
i prettty much just copied and pasted and replaced stuff..

EDIT:oh and i've also been reporting the spam on answers.yahoo.com...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2009 11:11PM by bg4545.
February 16, 2009 11:36PM
Wait arent both those posts from the same blog?

Edit: Sorry, Im on a psp I thought those posts were both from the same blog. Great work bg4545! You are my hero of the day!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2009 11:40PM by Arikado.
February 17, 2009 12:00AM
Haha, well like I said, I just copied and pasted so they look almost exactly the same
February 17, 2009 01:01AM
My psp didnt show me the adresses of the sites so I guess you did such a good job I did think they were the same site XD
February 17, 2009 03:10AM
omg i was almost fooled into buying homebreware when i was scrolling the internet when i first got my wii to do homebrew. Then i found this site and i sent complaints and the whole nine yards to them. I think we should definately continue trying to screw them over.
February 19, 2009 04:35PM
You could put some scam warning similar to the do-not-update warning on the wiki's main page.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2009 04:37PM by koopa.
February 19, 2009 04:56PM
@koopa
We had one for awhile actually. I dont know what happened to it.
February 19, 2009 09:10PM
doesn't Wiibrew send out a message to let us know when we can update the HBC? then why cant we do the same, but just put out a warning that says "these people scammed you if you paid for it and go here" for more info press 1 to ignore, press 2 for more information/if you were scammed"?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login