Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bricked Wii?

Posted by vash9 
Bricked Wii?
April 27, 2009 05:04AM
Okay, i'm kinda new to the Wii scene, but i knew how to do some things here and there for it. Okay my story is kinda long but it leads to what is happening now. Please bare with me.

Started out with v3.4u. Successfully installed HBC, downgraded to v3.2u successfully. Edited Out Everything was great basically, until v4.0u was released. When i was at school, my little brother decided it would be cool if he would watch Youtube videos through the Wii. I guess he updated through the internet channel because when i got back, the system version was now v4.0u. I had homebrew channel and everything still available. I then proceeded to downgrade to v3.2u successfully, but all my hacks were basically dead. It was always saying missing cIOS/IOS. I thought about doing a system restore just so i can basically start all over to the HBC step. I proceeded on that also, but now the thing is, backups dont work

This is the only thing wrong with my Wii at the moment. Backups dont work. Is there a solution? I was thinking about buying the SaveMii as a last resort but was wondering if there was anything else available. Thanks for reading!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2009 09:19PM by Arikado.
Re: Bricked Wii?
April 27, 2009 09:23PM
In my eyes, this topic is complete horseshit.

For one, the Internet Channel does not ask you to update, nor does it require any updates.

Secondly, the only thing wrong with your Wii is that it can no longer run backups. And thats a good thing.

So I fail to see why the hell you would need a SaveMii (since it would be useless anyway (you obviously dont know what it is lol)).

Lastly, you obviously don't know what a "brick" is. A Wii that can not run backups is certainly not bricked.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2009 09:17PM by Arikado.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.