Advanced

cant get my backed up games to work

Posted by bear123 
cant get my backed up games to work
August 18, 2009 07:42PM
hi,

sorry but im new to all this.

my wii is running ver 4.1e (pal, uk)

i have installed homebrew channel (i think its installed right) all i get in there is wad manger, a ios downgrader, and nand clean/boot.dol... options is that right.

i cant see where you can play the copied games from? (i being think). i put copied game in on the wii menu it finds the game then when i go to load it it comes up with a black screen and tells me to eject the disk and turn the power off.

how do you play dvd's on the wii.?

in the home brew channel in the bottom right there is 2 icons one looks like a world which is white. and the other looks like a lizard which is light blue. is that normal.

sorry about all the questions but been trying for ages to sort this.

thanks,.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2009 07:45PM by bear123.
Re: cant get my backed up games to work
August 18, 2009 07:48PM
read the rules, talk of backups is not allowed
August 18, 2009 07:50PM
If you want to play DVDs, you need to install DVDx and then use MPlayer CE to play them.
August 18, 2009 07:55PM

i have installed homebrew channel (i think its installed right) all i get in there is wad manger, a ios downgrader, and nand clean/boot.dol... options is that right

no that is not right.
It means you have warez fail on your wii. which means you probably downloaded one of the dreaded "softmod" packs from a site like GBAFail.
And we dont support "backups" (a stupid name because most people who use so-called backups dont have the original, so it isnt a backup) here. They are in about 90% of cases used for piracy. And in the few legal cases, if we give out advice on getting them running, pirates can then use that info. And most of the time, the people posing as legal backup users are pirates anyway.
August 18, 2009 08:02PM
i'm sorry i didnt read the rules. its just for my personal use. i just live in a house where people dont look after the games. after buying a twice it really gets on my nerves..

i think i did download a softmod. so if i wanted to fix this how would i go about this..
August 18, 2009 08:10PM
we dont care what use its for, we dont support backups. like I said, information given to legit users can be used by pirates. thats if you really are a legit user. I always hear "games get damaged so easily" but in all my years I have never damaged a game, or a DVD or CD or any other type of media to the point it wont work. And i'm not that careful, i just put games back in boxes/in cases when done with them.

Anyway, what have you done so far? Just installed HBC, or have you got cIOS, illegal WADs or worst of all cIOScorp?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.