Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Semi Bricked Wii

Posted by trevinem 
Semi Bricked Wii
November 19, 2009 11:11PM
Guys,

I accidently performed a system update from an NTSC Disk on my Pal Wii and no I can not get access to my WII Settings. I installed HBC using Bannerbomb 2 and it displays IOS61 v 19.26.

I ran Anyregion Changer 1.b and it says my System Manager / Area are not matched (but it displays Europe for all regions and PAL)
I tried to install 3.2e but it gives me error messages.

Basically guys what I need to know is how the hell can i get back into my wii settings? Is there some way of downgrading my system manager or am i screwed? My Wii is Hardmodded. I am not even sure what sysem manager i have now!

Im a complete noob and cant get my head around all this ios, bannerbomb, boot2, boot 2v4, sm versions etc....

Any help really appreciated!!
Re: Semi Bricked Wii
November 19, 2009 11:28PM
What game was it? Provided it wasn't NSMB, get a PAL copy of NSMB when it comes out (Friday I believe), and update with it. Then all will be fine again. No other game contains an update as high as NSMB afaik, so it'll let you update.
November 20, 2009 12:36AM
Firstly, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately....it was NSMB!!! So I will have to wait a few months for a newer system update? Is it safe to use System Updates from Wii Discs with a hardmod? Runing the Pal NSMB would hardly change the firmware from NTSC to PAL would it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2009 12:38AM by trevinem.
November 20, 2009 01:15AM
You can update from the PAL NSMB. The PAL system menu version number is higher than the NTSC one so it will work.

Alternately, you could use Dop-IOS MOD to install a PAL system menu and its IOS. For system menu 4.1 you need IOS 60 version 6174. If you really want system menu 4.2 then you need IOS 70 version 6687. You must install the correct version of IOS for the system menu that you install before installing the system menu or else you will get a full brick.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2009 01:24AM by jbc007.
November 20, 2009 01:40AM
what would be the best thing to do then mate....use pal NSMB or change the PAL firmware to 4.1? Im really confused. Is the PAL version of NSMB 4.2 and if so is it not supposed to be a bad idea to update to it?
November 20, 2009 01:46AM
You can fix your wii however you want, it really does not matter. NSMB has system menu 4.1, but boot2 update and most 4.2 IOSes. You can update to 4.2 if you want; it was just intended as an anti-homebrew update, but it has no real effect on homebrew as long as you have the latest Homebrew Channel and DVDx.
November 20, 2009 01:48AM
ok but does this affect my other games working with my hardmod? I could do the DOP-IOS mod but I am really unsure of the correct proceedure to do this....thanks for you help so far its really appreciated
November 20, 2009 01:58AM
Updating may or may not affect your hardmod, I'm not sure. In most cases, mod chips are not supported here.

Using Dop-IOS Mod should be simple if you read the documentation, although I do not have much experience with it. Performing the update from NSMB is easier, but using Dop IOS Mod does not require you to buy a second copy of the game.
November 20, 2009 02:02AM
ok so let me see if im correct.

I need to download DOP_IOS Mod and get IOS60 V6174. I can google for this IOS but it this not the same thing as the system menu? I am really worried i am going to do something stupid and kill my wii?
November 20, 2009 02:17AM
Dop-IOS Mod downloads things from Nintendo's servers so you do not need to download anything your self. Just install IOS 60 version 6174 and then system menu 4.1 PAL (they are not the same, but the system menu can't function without the IOS) and your wii will be fixed.

If possible, I recommend that you install Bootmii as boot2 and make a NAND backup before doing this because Bootmii will let you fix your wii in the highly unlikely event that installing the system menu causes a brick.
November 20, 2009 11:11AM
but since i can not access my settings page i can not go online.....can i add this ios and system menu 4.2 to my sd card?
November 20, 2009 12:18PM
Okay...tried DOP IOS MOD and used ios36 to install ios60 then insalled sm 4.1e.....it worked! thanks for this man you know your stuff!!

Only thing im not sure about is if this DOP IOS MOD v8 had all the IOS and SM on its sofware because I dont think my Wii was connected to the Internet????
November 20, 2009 02:40PM
Dop-IOS MOD does not come with the IOS and SM. It downloads them from the internet. So....
November 20, 2009 07:55PM
You must have set up internet on your wii previously.
November 20, 2009 09:11PM
ye i hink i did at some stage but didnt bother using it onlne....just as a matter of interest, in cases where no internet was possible, how could i have changed the ios and sm?
November 21, 2009 05:21AM
I'm glad that you got it fixed.

If you did not have internet on your wii, you could have downloaded the IOS and SM on your computer with NUS Downloader and installed them with WAD Import.
November 21, 2009 06:49PM
thanks for all your help on that mate I really appreciate it.....!
November 21, 2009 07:31PM
You're welcome.
November 23, 2009 10:28PM
can you explain what ios and cios are for mate? I've been trying to get NSMB working and people are sayng load ios53 etc.....is this not dangerous enough to kill my wii? Surely I should just stick to ios60 - 4.1e? I really dont understand all this
November 23, 2009 10:42PM
there are loads of IOS in your wii. IOS53 wont damage your wii in any way. It doesnt replace IOS60 or anything, dont worry. It just gets added.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.