Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newb - Installation Problems

Posted by sharpey83 
Newb - Installation Problems
March 27, 2010 09:26AM
Hi,

Im new to all this and I am having a problem installing any aplications onto my homebrew channel. ive tried various apps but they all do the same.

I have installed the HBC and have set an SD card up formatted to fat32 with an apps folder > application name on folder > renamed app to (boot.dol)

The applications show up in the homebrew channel but when I click on them to instal them the loading bar pops up then the screen goes black and the wii looks as though it is turned off. if i press a button on the wiimote all the lights flash 10 times then pause then 10 times again but nothing else happens. the light on the wii is green but it will not switch off. (unless I keep my finger on the on/off button) when I turn the wii back on again everything is as it was with no new apps.

Can anybody help.

Thanks
Re: Newb - Installation Problems
March 27, 2010 09:37AM
Can you give us information about your Wii

What, specifically, have you done to it
What firmware version you're on
What Apps have you tried to run

Stuff like that
March 27, 2010 09:49AM
Hi,

other than the hbc channel i havnt done anything to it it is completely standard.

it is on firmware v4.2 and the apps i have tried are usb loader v1.1 and usb loader v1.5 als.., also various other apps and usb loaders but they all do the same.

it wouldnt let me install bootmii during installation of the HBC either (on to the wii properly or onto an SD card as an IOS)

Thanks
March 27, 2010 10:08AM
Also there is no save game manager on hbc channel should this be there or is it a seperate app.

thanks
March 27, 2010 04:59PM
Fail. If you continue to post about USBLoaders, I'm contacting an Admin. *Locked*
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.