Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

sd card adapter use as GCN Memory Card?

Posted by mohawk 
sd card adapter use as GCN Memory Card?
August 31, 2009 10:50PM
I recently purchased a Wiikey SD adapter, under the impression (from the seller) that it would allow me to save GCN game saves onto SD (effectively using multiple SD cards through the adapter as a cheap alternative to buying gamecube memory cards). This doesn't seem to work. After a bit of research, all I can find out is that:

1) Gamecube memory cards are effectively modified SD cards anyway....

2) That the Wiikey SD adapters etc are primarily used for Homebrew (something I'm completely new to)

Surely, if a GCN memory card is just a modified SD, there must be something I can put onto the SD card to make it behave like a GCN card, and accept my game saves?

I'm not sure if this has been addressed before, but any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Re: sd card adapter use as GCN Memory Card?
August 31, 2009 10:57PM
I'm pretty sure it can't be used like that. I think the WiiKey SD Card adapter is basically an SD Gecko, meaning it is ONLY useful for booting GC homebrew on a GC, or a Wii with a System Menu <3.1 (I think its 3.1, its certainly an old System Menu). i.e. its useless on an updated Wii, and also useless on a GC without a) Action Replay or b) SD Media Launcher.
August 31, 2009 11:01PM
ok, I see, I'm going to look into the homebrew thing anyway now, so at least I didn't completely waste my money -

Nintendo made a version of this SD adapter - for use with animal crossing, not sure if that saved its files as a different format or something...

thanks for the info!
August 31, 2009 11:03PM
This is not a Wiikey SD support forum.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.