Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Code Manager on Wii?

Posted by Zane 
Code Manager on Wii?
January 23, 2009 05:36AM
Sorry I have so many questions I am a total noob when it comes to Hacking.

How do you put the Code Manager for Ocarina and GeckoOS onto the Wii?

I saw it on my friends screen recorder and I was wondering How you get it on the Wii.
Re: Code Manager on Wii?
January 23, 2009 05:47AM
The official code manager for GeckoOS and Ocarina/WiiRD cheat codes is for pc. But on the wii you can try wiicm. Download it from The Homebrew Browser.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2009 05:48AM by linus.
January 23, 2009 11:53PM
you have to install the HBC first

check the wiibrew wiki
January 27, 2009 11:24PM
I have tried using this application on my wii, and every time I try to access a code list, a green screen comes up, and it freezes. I read that if the names/comments are too long, this would happen, but even with my Super Mario Galaxy codes (there are only two), the same thing happens. I have them in the root SD folder and have named them from either 1-7 or 0-6(depending on what it said) and it still doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.
January 28, 2009 12:13AM
@tudor, are you using wiicm or the wii code manager from the wiird forum? The one on wiird forum has alot of bugs, but a new version is supposedly in the works. I assume that is one you are trying to use since you indicated you renamed the txt files with numbers.

Try wiicm it can be downloaded from the Homebrew browser. With wiicm you can name the file anything you want. Find the game you want cheats for on the wiird code database at usbgecko.com. Click the download link and the codes will be displayed in plain text format. Then do save as and put in something like galaxy.txt. Put that text file somewhere on your SD card then run wiicm. If you want to edit the text file it will only work if you use a linux style text editor. This means dont use windows notepad. Devkitpro come with an editor that works fine. Also you can edit them on your wii with txtEd.
January 28, 2009 02:35AM
Oh, I'll try that. Thanks alot. I haven't looked at the homebrew browser in awhile, and if this works, it would be very useful for games like Super Smash Bros Brawl.

After trying it, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. It tells me to click on a code list, and, when I do, it brings me to a page telling me how to turn codes on and off; the problem is none of the codes show up, and when I press the "home" button, my wii freezes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2009 08:53PM by Tudor.
January 29, 2009 12:14AM
@tudor, alot of people reported the same issue with the codes not displaying. This is due to txt file formating issues. You need to use a linux style text editor and follow the directions in the readme. But you could just simply download the complete list of codes from the wiird database and it will work fine.

This is a step by step. First goto www.usbgecko.com/codes/ then select ntsc all on the top of the page. Now scroll down the page and click on super mario galaxy. With the galaxy codes displayed click on the download link. This will display the raw text file for the codes. Finally do save as in your web browser and name the file galaxy.txt.

Do not open this file in windows notepad or edit it. If you follow these step and save the file to your SD card I have never had a problem. Finally if it still doesnt work try again using firefox or google chrome.

PS. these directions will not work for SSBB because wiicm allows a maximum of 256 codes. I honestly never thought any one would need that many. If you want to use wiicm with these codes you will need to edit the file to remove some codes, but make sure you leave the first 3 lines alone. I would recomend you get programers notepad 2 that comes with devkitpro. If you download the devkitpro installer you can use it to install just programers notepad2 with out installing the rest of the development enviroment. windows notepad does not work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2009 12:37AM by linus.
February 03, 2009 04:23PM
Thanks for the information. It's working now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login