Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SNES Emulator Issues

Posted by Tenken00 
SNES Emulator Issues
April 17, 2009 04:00AM
When I loaded up SNES GX a few minutes ago, it claimed there was an update available. Of course I accepted it, but now there's a major issue. I cannot use my gamecube controllers with the emulator anymore. In any game, the X, Y, L, and R buttons will all cause the menu screen to open. Upon trying to reenter the game, it will freeze as the menu fades away. Playing with a basic Wii Remote will seems to work, but is an inconvenience. Does anyone know what may be causing the error? Is there some sort of compatibility issue going on?

Yes, I did reinstall the emulator via the link on Wiibrew. Same issue still applies. I'm going to go test my controllers with other emulators and Brawl to check their functionality. If it matters, I tried the wavebird and wired controller both in the 1P slot.
Re: SNES Emulator Issues
April 17, 2009 04:22AM
Controllers worked fine for Genesis and NES emulators. HOWEVER, after playing the NES emulator, it too came with an update. It's user interface changed completely and now resembles a red SNES GX emulator. The same issue as the SNES emulator applies, except now the A and B buttons open up the menu.

I believe this may be the work of some hacker who thinks it is funny or something.

If someone has a clean version of the two emulators, BACK THEM UP before updating further. The versions on Wiibrew may be corrupt as well. I would appreciate it if anyone could upload the clean versions so I may "downgrade".

Has anyone else encountered these issues? I no longer believe this to be a glitch, but a deliberate flaw in the code. If someone could confirm what is causing the problem, I would appreciate it.

EDIT: Sorry for double post, didn't notice the edit button. After looking around a little, the updates do appear legitimate, though I wonder why I didn't get them earlier when they came out as I only got the emulators two days ago. I suppose it is still possible someone messed with the code.

Also of note, the button mapping screen still recognizes the buttons for what they are, but in game they still open the menu screen.

As a little test, I switched the L and A buttons for the SNES emulator. The A button still worked and functioned as the L button, but the L button still opened the menu screen. So regardless of the function, L, R, X, and Y on the SNES emulator and A and B on the NES emulator open the menu screen. As far as I can tell, only the Gamecube controller is affected. I would appreciate it if others could offer their input on the problem.

EDIT 2: More apologies. Looking around on the TehSkeen website, it seems this issue is widespread. It affects everyone with the update. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT UPDATING UNTIL THE FIXES COME OUT IF YOU USE A GAMECUBE CONTROLLER.

Apologies for making a fuss. Sometimes I actually enjoy things like this; I have fun trying to fix things and bringing in the community can make it even more enjoyable. Weird, I know, but it makes sense in some ways.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2009 05:06AM by Tenken00.
April 17, 2009 05:11AM
Heh. Yes, sorry for the inconvenience, there is a bug.
April 17, 2009 08:33PM
Erm... Yeah I came across this aswell, I thought it was part of the application but then I noticed while playing Street Fighter II Turbo the A, B, 2 buttons (Wii remote) all did the same kick. 1 was jump. I think? =S Anyway yeah the point is that the updates poo!

I also want a clean version of SNES9X GX so if anyone could send me via link to download, download attachment, ect...

Please and thanks very much.

Edited out -- use the official (Tantric's) link

EDIT: I realised that I also want a clean version of SNES9X GX.
EDIT 2: I have found SNES9X GX version 2.0.1 and the only downgrade I can find. Link is above.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2009 01:20AM by Arikado.
April 17, 2009 10:16PM
Something wrong with this link?

[code.google.com]
April 17, 2009 11:22PM
Tantric
Something wrong with this link?

[code.google.com]

which version works?
April 19, 2009 01:28AM
@Tantric

That's a little off-topic, but why do you keep two ports of Snes9x for GameCube?
April 19, 2009 03:25AM
DanielHueho
@Tantric

That's a little off-topic, but why do you keep two ports of Snes9x for GameCube?

If you're asking about the 1.43 project, Askot (the original maintainer) asked me to update that version with the features from 009. He (and others) prefer the 1.43 core over 1.51 core on GameCube - because of the limited memory on GameCube. This is not an issue on the Wii.
April 19, 2009 06:36AM
Hokay! I was just curious =)
April 21, 2009 10:53PM
will 4.0.0 work correctly?
April 22, 2009 10:41PM
Try 4.0.2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login