Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DVDX from hackmii installer and "old" modchips

Posted by nippie 
DVDX from hackmii installer and "old" modchips
May 26, 2009 10:37PM
Hi there,

I searched the forums for this but could not find any help, If there is already a solution to my problem please link to it, thanks.

I have a 4.0e Wii with a Wiikey 1 installed, HBC and BootMii as boot2. Anything works fine.
As my DVD Player died last week I wanted to check the DVD features of mplayer_ce earlier today. I know I had to install DVDX for this and I knew there were some issues with DVDX and old modchips like mine. Wibrew Wiki suggests to install patchmii_core to circumvent this but only for system menu 3.x. At 4.0 it just says install via hackmii installer.
Here is what I get: It doesn't matter if I do install DVDX via hackmii installer or not, I can not play DVDs. When I am in the DVD menu I can see "Play DVD", "Chapter 1", "Chapter 2" etc but I don't even know if thats from my DVD or if mplayer displays those entries anyway. So here is the big question, what can I do? Should I install patchmii_core and then DVDX from hackmii installer or is there some other thing wrong.

Thanks in advance!

regards, nippie
Re: DVDX from hackmii installer and "old" modchips
May 26, 2009 10:42PM
I'm afraid I can't help much and you'll be hard pressed to find any real help since your mod-chip could throw everything into a weird state, but I will say that playing DVD's with MPlayerCE is not the best option anyway, it's laggy and choppy. You'd probably be better off buying a cheap DVD player... just my opinion. Other than that though MPlayerCE is absolutely awesome.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login