Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiSCU problem

Posted by alainvey 
WiiSCU problem
May 30, 2009 07:41PM
Hi all,

Running into some apparently common problems with WiiSCU. I'm on 3.4E, Wii purchased late 2007.

I can't seem to download trucha-signed versions of IOS 51, 60 and 61. If I attempt this, it gets to around content 8/15 and then outputs an http-related error message. Downloading unpatched versions gives an invalid ticket error message.

Does anyone know a way around this issue? More detail provided on request - the discussion page on the wiki covers this issue, but there's no positive response there.

Thanks.

Edit: I'm reattempting this, and I've recorded the various errors experienced.

IOS51: downloads ticket, tmd, content, patches "new-school ES hash check @ 0x5e22", attempts to install to title 00000001-00000033 but fails (-1017 error). It then says "epic fail", then "installation returned -1, installation complete".

IOS60: now does the same as 51, same error at the end

IOS61: Same.

I guess the http error was my wifi failing.

I'll add the Shop Channel results in a minute.

Edit: Shop Channel seemed to go well, but I missed the diagnostics at the end, since it returned to the HBC while I was looking away. The channel doesn't work, anyway.

I'm guessing that I don't have an IOS which accepts fake signatures, then, as is required according to the wiki. However, which IOS is needed for this purpose? Surely it has to be a specific one, unless I've totally misunderstood how the Wii works.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2009 08:35PM by alainvey.
Re: WiiSCU problem
June 06, 2009 03:06PM
I don't think you can download the trucha signed versions of those IOSes unless you have an IOS with trucha enabled. You'll have to download them sans Trucha Bug, which should work. But if you're on 3.4 anyway, you may as well just update to 4.0. It has many benefits over 3.4, more apps support it. Only thing you'd lose would be Gecko OS hooks. But you'd gain themes, SD menu, preloader hacks.ini and much more.
Re: WiiSCU problem
June 07, 2009 01:46AM
Your advice is wise. I'm probably going to do this soon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login