Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

And other problems...

Posted by linkinparkluvr22 
And other problems...
August 24, 2009 09:14PM
I cannot get mplayer, mplayer ce, or anything else like dvdx to work on my Wii. With DVDx, I get a message saying that there was an error downloading the stub. With Mplayer it says something about my SD card. And with Mplayer CE it won't read any DVD disks in my Wii. If I'm doing something wrong, please let me know. i really want to get DVD's to work on this, because the DVD player that I have is a piece of junk and won't play anything anymore. So help of some kind would be great. Thanks.
Re: And other problems...
August 24, 2009 09:18PM
Have you installed DVDx? It sounds like you haven't. Run the HackMii Installer and use it to install DVDx. Then MPlayer CE will work just fine.
August 24, 2009 10:11PM
Well that's the thing, I try to install it and it tells me the stub error. So I really have like none of these installed except for Mplayer CE, which plays nothing anyways. :\
August 24, 2009 10:13PM
Use HackMii Installer. You are trying to use DVDx Installer which is outdated and wont work on latest System Menu. Get HackMii Installer, run it and select DVDx, then select Install DVDx. Once thats done, MPlayer CE will play DVDs fine.
August 24, 2009 10:23PM
I used the hackmii installer for it. I'll try again, but I'm sure it's not going to work seeing as that's how I've done it before. Thanks, though. I'll let you know if it works or not.
August 24, 2009 11:33PM
SifJar
Use HackMii Installer. You are trying to use DVDx Installer which is outdated and wont work on latest System Menu. Get HackMii Installer, run it and select DVDx, then select Install DVDx. Once thats done, MPlayer CE will play DVDs fine.

Ok dude, I owe you the most huge apology ever, and the biggest thank you. I looked up how to do it another way on another forum, and now it works. So THANK YOU, SO MUCH :D
August 24, 2009 11:40PM
No worries, other forums (especially GBATemp) are often full of rubbish, and will tend to advise stuff which is either just plain wrong, or, sometimes worse, illegal and dangerous.
August 24, 2009 11:42PM
stay away from GBAtemp! it is all fail over there and anything there will most likely brick your wii. (just come to this forum here)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2009 11:42PM by TopGun96.
August 24, 2009 11:43PM
He didnt even say he went to GBAFail, I just gave it as an example of the sort of site which has loads of fail. Most Wii "hacking" sites follow GBAFail's example. (BTW, GBAFail is our nickname for GBATemp, because it is so full of fail.)
August 25, 2009 01:16AM
SifJar
He didnt even say he went to GBAFail, I just gave it as an example of the sort of site which has loads of fail. Most Wii "hacking" sites follow GBAFail's example. (BTW, GBAFail is our nickname for GBATemp, because it is so full of fail.)

She, actually :] and yeah I actually found the answer on another thread from here. Google is pretty awesome lol.
But yeah, thanks so much again. If it weren't for you telling me that I wouldn't have searched and found it. And my HBC is working again, too. Just had to switch SD cards. I don't know what's wrong with the other one. *shrug*

And yeah I'll take your advice about GBATemp lol. If I need anything I'll definitely come back here. Thanks again! :D
August 25, 2009 01:47AM
SifJar

I know I was just warning (her) about GBAfail for future help. (which you can't get there)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login