Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

About Save Extractor/Installer

Posted by SnowFox102 
About Save Extractor/Installer
August 25, 2009 03:23AM
A few days ago I installed HBC for the first time, with the sole intention of re-growing the grass in my Animal Crossing town with ACToolkit. Everything went fine, with the exception of a random DSi exception which apparently didn't mean anything. In my research I saw a lot about bricking, and that apps made by Waninkoko should be avoided. So, my question is, should I not trust the save extractor and installer, which are credited to Waninkoko? If so, what other options are there? What's the best way to uninstall homebrew if I choose to do so?
Re: About Save Extractor/Installer
August 25, 2009 03:30AM
They mean to stay away from waninkoko's fail apps. (illegal stuff) save game installer/extractor Is fine. (why not just us save game manager?) the easiest way would be to delete the HBC's ticket and DVDx's. Just come back if that were ever the case.
August 25, 2009 03:32AM
Yeah the savegame and mii stuff was before Waninkoko made all his cIOSs and crap. Those should be okay. The savegame manager does the same thing as the installer/extractor but it needs a cIOS to run.
August 25, 2009 03:33AM
Does anyone know why waninkoko chose to go down that path?
August 25, 2009 03:34AM
The fame?
August 25, 2009 11:02AM
Yeah, I'd say he wanted glory. I mean, you only have to glance at GBAFail and see that pretty much evey topic is his work or something related to it, and if you say anything bad about him, you'll be flamed a LOT. They practically worship him over there.
August 25, 2009 07:27PM
SifJar
Yeah, I'd say he wanted glory. I mean, you only have to glance at GBAFail and see that pretty much evey topic is his work or something related to it, and if you say anything bad about him, you'll be flamed a LOT. They practically worship him over there.

EDIT: Nevermind, We'll all get banned for sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2009 07:45PM by metroid_maniac.
August 25, 2009 10:33PM
metroid_maniac

EDIT: Nevermind, We'll all get banned for sure.

Naughty naughty whatever it was :P

Yeah, I kind of realized that he is practically worshiped over there.... n00bs :)
August 25, 2009 10:37PM
Yeah, maybe it wouldn't be as bad if he kept the source for his loaders and put some sort of check, like checking the NAND for a save or the saves ticket, but no.
August 25, 2009 10:47PM
What do you mean? To stop pirates or something? I dont think he's too worried about piracy really. He claims his tools are for legal purposes, but obviously he must know they're used mainly for piracy. And its too late now anyway.
August 25, 2009 10:49PM
Yeah. Anyway, time to stop bashing Waninkoko now or it'll be flaming.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login