Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A little WiiSX help needed...

Posted by solareus 
A little WiiSX help needed...
August 26, 2009 04:22PM
Ok so I have scoured the forums trying to find where this has been covered already but to no avail. I just downloaded WiiSX Beta 1. I'm unsure of the difference between that and the Revision .57 floating around. More importantly I am confused how to get it running properly. Most homebrew comes with an icon file as well as an .elf file. This download only comes with a .dol.... I have created a folder sd:/apps/wiisx and put the .dol file in there. I created a folder sd:/PSXISOX/ and put my PSX bios in there as well as a few .bin / .cue files. I am not seeing a launch button in the Homebrew Channel for the Emu though... am I missing files? So to summarize:

a) Did I do the directories incorrectly?
b) Which verison should I use? Revision .57 or Beta 1. What are the key differences?
Re: A little WiiSX help needed...
August 26, 2009 06:31PM
a) Absolutely!
Your paths should be: sd:/apps/wiisx/boot.dol and sd:/PSXISOS/

b)"Revision 57" is not an official release and may have bugs, crashes. and severe slowdown. "Beta 1" is an official release and runs PS1 ISOs perfectly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2009 06:31PM by Arikado.
August 26, 2009 08:12PM
Ok, so I renamed the Beta 1 file to boot.dol and placed it in the correct folder sd:/apps/wiisx/boot.dol. I have the bios installed correctly as well. Now the program shows up on the homebrew channel, but it will not launch. When I attempt to load it states "this is not a valid application".
August 26, 2009 08:22PM
What was the name of the Beta 1 file before you renamed it?
August 26, 2009 08:39PM
WiiSX beta 1.dol I believe. It's the one found here: [code.google.com]
August 26, 2009 10:59PM
You're sure you didn't accidentally rename it boot.dol.dol? There's also only one .dol/.elf file in Wiisx, right?
August 27, 2009 04:19PM
I got it working.. I believe I swapped out the incorrect file during the renaming process. Thanks a lot Arikado for your help!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login