Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MPlayerCE DVD Freezes :(

Posted by RR99i 
MPlayerCE DVD Freezes :(
July 14, 2009 06:33AM
Hi everyone :),

Well, when I watch any DVD on my LU64 Wii, either halfway or close to the end of the movie. The DVD freezes, picture basically freezes. I don't know if there is a workaround for this or not. It's been doing this with every build of MPlayerCE, since I got my Wii in April 2009. :(
Re: MPlayerCE DVD Freezes :(
July 14, 2009 11:41AM
I assume you have DVDx installed via the HackMii Installer? What System Menu are you on? Can you install the USB 2.0 cIOS? If so, do. The latest version has DVDx built-in, and with it installed MPlayer CE doesn't need DVDx to play DVDs. That may work better for you.
July 15, 2009 05:01AM
Yes, I have DVDx installed through HackMii installer. I'm using 4.0U. As for USB 2.0, I can't seem to install it over IOS60 :(
July 19, 2009 08:25AM
For USB 2.0, does need to be installed over IOS60? I can't seem to get it to install.
July 19, 2009 10:27AM
Do you have any IOS with the signing bug?
Or was you Wii a "virgin" when it got to 4.0?
July 19, 2009 12:12PM
Not sure, when I try to install USB 2.0 to IOS60, I get an error saying "The IOS <60> hasn't fake sign bug enabled!"
July 19, 2009 02:07PM
The most likely you can't install cIOS. Or at least not without methods that are unsupported here.

(I assume your Wii came with 4.0, as your posting history indicates)
July 19, 2009 06:24PM
Yeah, I have a LU64 Wii with 4.0.
August 30, 2009 12:28AM
4.0 Wiis have the fakesigned bug fixed, but there is a workaround for this. There is an application called Trucha Bug Restorer that will enable the fake-signing bug on IOS. Google it, it's really useful. Once you have it, launch it from the HBC, choose not to load any IOS, and first choose the IOS15 downgrade it offers. Open the program again, and choose to load the newly downgraded IOS15. Then, go to the IOS36 menu, select the "trucha bug"/"hash check" patch (whichever it refers to the bug as, I'm not really sure, but they mean the same thing) and choose to install it as IOS36. Once complete, you can use this IOS to install cIOSes. As for the USB2.0 IOS, I believe it installs as IOS202, and can be installed using any fakesigned IOS (the newly patched IOS36). I wouldn't mess with IOS60, that's the one the System Menu uses!
Hope this helps!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2009 01:32AM by intrepidd1.
August 30, 2009 02:36AM
TBR (trucha bug restorer) is not supported here
August 30, 2009 06:15AM
I did not know that, as I kind of just joined, just trying to help. There are a few other apps that have a similar function, the point is just to have a trucha bugged IOS. Also, just out of curiosity, how can I find out which apps are supported here?
EDIT: I went over the forum rules and stuff, and I can see why that app wouldn't be supported here. Thanks for the heads-up!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2009 06:26AM by intrepidd1.
August 30, 2009 06:38AM
intrepidd1
Also, just out of curiosity, how can I find out which apps are supported here?
You could PM a Moderator (like Arikado)
August 30, 2009 02:21PM
No problem!

Generally anything made by waninkoko is not allowed here. Of course absolutely NO backup launchers and wads (mainly custom channels) which are illegaly made. Basically NO PIRACY. rebugging IOSs is usually not supported either.

Of course if you don't know about a certain app just PM Arikado.
August 30, 2009 10:28PM
Some of Waninkoko's apps are supported, savegame and mii extractor/installer, the stuff on the wiki. And also WAD Manager, IF used for installing IOS manually (such as in the removal of cIOScorp, or somthing like that). Any information which CAN be used for playing pirated games is unallowed, for example legal backup discussion (while it is itself legal, the information on how to do such things can be used for piracy).
August 30, 2009 10:33PM
SifJar
Some of Waninkoko's apps are supported, savegame and mii extractor/installer, the stuff on the wiki. And also WAD Manager, IF used for installing IOS manually (such as in the removal of cIOScorp, or somthing like that).

I said "In general"
August 31, 2009 01:06AM
is this guide supported here: yafaze forums
August 31, 2009 03:34AM
Ahhhh!!!!! Heck no!

1. It has illegal wads.
2. Tells how to install backup launcher
3. Talks about TBR
4. CIOSs aren't allowed here either ( usually)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login