Advanced

ftpii help

Posted by darklink 
ftpii help
September 13, 2009 11:32PM
I would like to know exactly what this is for and what do i need to use it
Re: ftpii help
September 13, 2009 11:55PM
have you ever used ftp before? (not trying to be insulting just curious... i'm starting to realize that a lot of "younger" folks don't know what ftp is and us "older" folks used to live off of ftp!!!)

it makes it so you can transfer files back and forth from your wii to your pc.

it creates an FTP server on your wii and then using your pc you use your favorite ftp client to connect to the wii and copy/move/erase files on your sd card without having to take it out.

What you need:

FTPii (which you'll start up whenever you want to use it)
an ftp client on your pc (to use to connect to your wii)
September 13, 2009 11:58PM
basically, anytime you take your sd card out of your wii to put it into your pc to add / remove files from it (roms, video, mp3s, homebrew that you can't get from the HBB) you can do the same with ftpii and not have to take your sd card out... you would just start ftpii on your wii and transfer away.
September 14, 2009 12:34AM
You know... I just got a brilliant idea involving ftpii... Also, am I the only one that finds it sad that many people don't know what FTP is? even today its incredibly useful
September 14, 2009 12:54AM

Also, am I the only one that finds it sad that many people don't know what FTP is?

i hear ya. i remember when that was all we had!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 12:55AM by mdbrim.
September 14, 2009 01:02AM
mdbrim

Also, am I the only one that finds it sad that many people don't know what FTP is?

i hear ya. i remember when that was all we had!

hah, I may only be 18, but I have been into computers since I was 3, I clearly remember BBS systems and FIDONet
September 14, 2009 05:13AM
im 14 and thank for the help
anyone know a good ftp client for windows or linux
September 14, 2009 07:22AM
i use leechftp for windows... works for my needs.
September 14, 2009 06:15PM
im 15 and i already knew what ftp is...just putting that out there...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 06:15PM by SifJar.
September 14, 2009 10:31PM
Thx for the program mdbrim and all you guys for the help
September 15, 2009 04:01AM
Everyone from xbox-scene would laugh at this thread. I couldn't even begin to count the number of ftp tutorials. Explaining to kids how to download from xbins. If you haven't been to xbins.org check it out! The ftp server now has some hard to find Wii stuff.

@cactusjack901, When did you learn to read? I first got Internet at home the winter of 1993-1994. Windows 95 came with a built in tcp/ip stack. If you where on a BBS. You where way behind the times. I can remember in 1991 getting new BBS phone numbers from friends at school. Then running home to beg my parents to let me make long distance calls.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2009 04:02AM by linus.
September 15, 2009 08:08PM
where is the wii stuff on xbins.org? i cant find it...do i have to log in over ftp to find it?

EDIT: nevermind, found it when i logged in over ftp. man, there is a lot of illegal stuff on there. IOS WADs, System Menu WADs, System Channel WADs, cIOS WADs, SoftMii (multiple versions), RiskiiMod, WADder (old illegal versions), illegal custom channels...the list goes on. I thought they were against illegal stuff. Is there anyway I can report that stuff to them as illegal?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2009 10:51PM by SifJar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login