Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DVDX

Posted by programmargorp 
DVDX
September 27, 2009 07:03AM
Sorry if im asking some noob questions lately o.o, but i am new to homebrew and i would just like to know what DVDX is for as i cannot understant the explination on wiibrew. Can someone tell me what DVDX is for?
Thanks
Re: DVDX
September 27, 2009 07:06AM
Basically, DVDx's main purpose is to play DVDs. With this function, you can watch movies and put ROMs on a disc and launch it through an emulator.

There's probably more stuff, but thats just some of the stuff you can do.
I would install it. Its perfectly safe. :)
September 27, 2009 07:27AM
so basically i can watch DVD's on my Wii through the disc channel? or do i need special homebrew apps?
September 27, 2009 08:31AM
homebrew apps, specifically some form of mPlayer, I (as well as most others around here) use mPlayer CE
September 27, 2009 04:47PM
WaxyPumpkin72
Basically, DVDx's main purpose is to play DVDs. With this function, you can watch movies and put ROMs on a disc and launch it through an emulator.
Not really.

DVDX unlocks the DVD Drive by flipping one of the register lows to a high thus allowing the hardware to read and DVD disc regardless of whether or not it was signed by Nintendo.

With the proper software, you can then read DVD discs to play DVD movies, load stored ROMs (for emulators that support this feature), and theoretically anything else that can be done by reading a DVD.
September 27, 2009 07:56PM
lol @ Arikado

but i am new to homebrew and i would just like to know what DVDX is for as i cannot understant the explination on wiibrew.

an excellent summary WaxyPumpkin, one perfect for a person of his level of understanding...
September 28, 2009 01:04AM
Simple and correct are almost antonyms in this case... But I concede.
September 28, 2009 01:36AM
I'll have to admit though Arikado, i liked your post, cuz I did not know that... so I did learn something from it!!
September 28, 2009 10:21PM
This all dvdx actually is:
#define HW_DIFLAGS 0x0d8001800

set32(HW_DIFLAGS, 0x200000);
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login