Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with UAE Wii

Posted by teasel 
Problem with UAE Wii
December 15, 2009 09:27PM
uh hello,i hope this is the right section to ask...
so anyway i got the uae wii emulator from wiibrew,problem is when i start it my wii just crash giving just some random byte stuff and complaining about a stack error or something like that...
anybody knows why this is happening?
my HBC is a pretty old version,i have a CIOS installed,i'm on 3.2E and i guess that's about it
Re: Problem with UAE Wii
December 15, 2009 09:31PM
Update your HBC.
December 15, 2009 09:46PM
mmm i'll try that but i can run other application
why is only uae that require the newer version of hbc channel?
i tought i might have screwed up the name of the kickstart rom,i renamed it kick.rom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2009 09:47PM by teasel.
December 16, 2009 05:26PM
It's not the HBC at all. You probably have a wrong set of kickstart roms for your emulator, which is where you may get a crash from UAE. I used the emulator under I assume the exact same conditions. What I had was the following:

HBC 1.0.1
3.2U
IOS249 (cIOS version may be different then what you're using)

If you're online then contact me via aim and I'll help you out more. My screen name is the same as my user name here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2009 05:27PM by nightwishfan1.
December 19, 2009 09:46AM
uh thanks for the help but i don't have aim
i can use msn tough
the kickstart i use is good enough to run the psp version of uae so i don't think i got a bad kickstart or something...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2009 09:55AM by teasel.
December 22, 2009 05:27PM
Only thing I can think of then is if it is crashing is that perhaps the roms arent stored properly. Looking at my SD card setup for the emulator I have the kickstarts in the roms folder, however in that folder I had to create a folder for each individual kickstart named exactly as the name of the kickstart you intend to put into that folder.

So basically what I have is the following folders in my roms folder: Amiga-os-120.rom, Amiga-os-130.rom, Amiga-os-205.rom, and Amiga-os-310.rom. For me they work with the folders named like that and the kickstarts themselves placed in them. The corresponding kickstarts go into each of those folders. You also need a rom simply called kick.rom which goes into the roms folder, however it doesnt require a folder to be placed into....Just the rom image by itself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login