Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

dvx installer

Posted by razor 
dvx installer
January 18, 2010 01:37PM
hi there! i have recently unlocked my wii but im having trouble loading the dvdx installer. When i try to do this it tells me there was an error in trying to install dvd stub ticket it actually says error-2011 installing dvd stub ticket. Can anybody please help me as the only reason i unlocked my wii was to be able to watch dvds. Would really be gratefull for any help you can give me in sorting this problem. Thanks
Re: dvx installer
January 18, 2010 02:34PM
Use HackMii Installer instead of DVDx Installer. Get it from [www.bootmii.org]. Also, you say "unlocked"; that is a term used by packages which sell free software with a crappy guide. If you bought a guide/homebrew package, you were scammed. I would advise trying to get your money back asap.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2010 02:36PM by SifJar.
January 18, 2010 04:24PM
Thanks i will try that. I got the software from myhomebreware.com i didnt know i could get this info for free.
January 18, 2010 04:51PM
Yeah, myhomebreware.com is a scam site. I'd try and get your money back and report them to paypal or whatever they use.
January 18, 2010 05:14PM
ok i will,ive loaded the hackmii installer now from the link you gave and i have now loaded the homebrew channel but its empty,it how do i now get the dvd player to work and get the list as i want it.Thanks for your help.
January 18, 2010 05:47PM
You need to put apps on your SD card. Get them from [www.wiibrew.org] and then make an "apps" folder on the root of your SD card (i.e. inside no other folders) and out each app inside its own folder within the "apps" folder. I'd advise getting Homebrew Browser, which lets you download a lot of homebrew games and apps over WiFi and sets them up for you, and for DVDs, provided you have installed DVDx now, get MPlayer CE.
January 19, 2010 01:50PM
hi,i have made an apps folder inside my sd card and then transfered the homebrew browser into it but when i put my sd card back in the wii i still have a blank homebrew channel,how do i get the browser to appear on the channel.thanks
January 19, 2010 02:37PM
Is the Homebrew Browser in a folder that is inside the apps folder?
January 19, 2010 02:44PM
yes it is
January 19, 2010 05:37PM
and is "boot.dol" inside that folder?

i.e the path to boot.dol should be X:/apps/Homebrew Browser/boot.dol, where X: is the letter given to your SD card by Windows.
January 20, 2010 06:17PM
sorry i dont know what u mean should boot.elf be put into the apps folder i have made too. Is that what you mean as i havnt a folder called boot.dol? Im new to all this so you will have to excuse all the questions. Thanks
January 20, 2010 07:43PM
The actual Homebrew Browser application is a file called "boot.dol". This should be inside the Homebrew Browser folder in apps.

Put your SD card in your computers card reader. Browse to it in windows explorer. Open the apps folder. there should be a homebrew browser folder inside. Open it. There should be 3 files here; "boot.dol" "icon.png" and "meta.xml". If not, you have done something wrong.
January 21, 2010 12:29PM
hi there,boot.dol is inside the homebrew browser folder along with the other two,i also have loop and settings inside the folder. Should i remove these or leave them?
January 21, 2010 05:38PM
No thats fine. They are additional files needed by Homebrew Browser.

Anyway, if the SD card is setup like that, it should show up in HBC...Is it formatted to FAT32?
January 22, 2010 03:46PM
hi again,i have now formated my sd card and started again. I have loaded everything back on to the sd card and loaded the homebrew channel again. I then have tried again to get the homebrew browser on but it still dosent show on the channel. I have done everything that you have said to do and my sd card is formated to fat32,can u help as to why i cant get the homebrew browser to appear? Thanks
January 22, 2010 04:58PM
You're SURE the "apps" folder is on the root (i.e inside no other folders), and is named "apps" (case sensitive)?
January 22, 2010 06:05PM
Ive finally managed to get working and have downloaded the m player ce and everything seems great! Thank you very much for your help!
January 22, 2010 06:56PM
Glad you got it working.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login