Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Having some questions regarding the MAME emulator.

Posted by zgoat65 
Having some questions regarding the MAME emulator.
January 28, 2010 07:08PM
I have a softmodded wii v4.2. I got the MAME emu from the homebrew channel. The roms that I have are all in zip or rar format. I have tried unzipping them into the roms folder on my sd card, and that didn't work. It wouldn't recognize the roms. So I just put them in the roms directory as a zip file? Or should I create a sub directory for each game? Or do I need to place different files from the zip files into different locations for the rom to work? Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Having some questions regarding the MAME emulator.
January 28, 2010 09:06PM
The file cannot be recognized as a .zip file.
January 29, 2010 02:27AM
To unzip rar files, I have a program called winrar, to unzip my rom files or any of the apps from the wiki. The downside to it though is after about 40 days everytime you open it, it tells you that you need to buy, but if you hit cancel you can keep useing it. The is another that is suppose to be better is 7-zip. They way I unzip my roms files is unzip them tp my computer usually into my documents, then put the file in the rom folder in the emulator.
January 30, 2010 12:52AM
Got the emus to extract with 7zip. Thanks guys. BIOS files that are required to boot them up. I've got the universe BIOS but can't seem to find the others. Still searching. Anyone know a good spot?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login