Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SEGACD?

Posted by laserbeak43 
SEGACD?
January 30, 2010 08:54PM
Hello,
I've seen claims that wii's genesis emulater, genesis plus plays sega cd games, but when i pop a sega cd in and select read from cd, i get an error. also, i was told to try loading them in bin format? but i don't know how i would go about doing this. any copy i make is bin/cue or even more files with a .bin included.
Can someone help please?
Re: SEGACD?
January 30, 2010 09:03PM
You may try getting the rom for that cd game to load in gen plus and see if it works. I had kinda the same question about sega's 32x games in gen plus, most all sega games, to run in gen plus are in bin format that I have found.
January 30, 2010 09:30PM
ok, how do i go about doing that? and if i get the ROM, then wont all of the features on the CD be missing?
January 30, 2010 09:47PM
Can't tell you how to get the rom, but you can google it. I haven't had tried searching for sega cd games for gen plus emulators. Most all the features should be on the rom, I would think, since they are on all other roms for other systems, but being a cd could be different. The graphics in a cd are far more better than what was on a cartridge back in the days.
January 30, 2010 09:53PM
laserbeak43
I've seen claims that wii's genesis emulater, genesis plus plays sega cd games, but when i pop a sega cd in and select read from cd, i get an error.?
The wii can't read CDs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2010 10:47PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
January 31, 2010 12:12PM
genesis plus does not not emulate the Sega CD, the option is to load roms from DVD

you might also read the user manual that was (well, should have been, apparently) coming with, everything you need is explained, including what the emulator does and does not.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2010 12:16PM by ekeeke.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login