Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

mame STUMPER!!

Posted by OmegaPrime 
mame STUMPER!!
February 06, 2010 04:31PM
OK, here goes.(and i do own all the pcu board's for each rom mentioned, just to get that out of the way) I have posted my dilemma elsewhere but have not really gotten any solid clarification ..then i stumbled upon this site. Hopefully somebody, ANYBODY, can at the least, point me in the right direction.

i'm trying to get pac-man, ms pac-man, galaga , dig dug & mr. do to run on mame (along with a few other which i got working with no issues)

the first one i'll adress is pacman.....

so, i inatalled mame on the wii ; sdlmame 0.3.1 (along with the pacman emulator app that was created by kickflip )but pacman crashed out (on both emulators). my pacman rom (which was from the .134v4 rom set) had 4 files in it (6e,6f,6j,6h,) i also have the pucman rom which had 10 files in it. i tried both and no luck. Now i know this pac-man rom worked with the pc version of mame that i had . I did read somewhere that the pacman rom was supposed to have 8 files(not 4) in it ( pacman.5e, pacman.5f, pacman.6e, pacman.6f, pacman.6h, pacman.6j, 82s123.7f, 82s126.4a.) so i took some of the files mentioned from th epuc-man roms (added them to the files in the pac-man rom) and put them in the pac-man emulator...and it booted up fine
i then made a zip with just those 8 files and them tried them in the mame app.....no luck
i them tried both rom images i had (the one with the 4 files, and the one with the 8 files) in .1,.2,and .4 versions of mame and none of them worked.
I did see a list of all supported mame files and pac-man was on there ,so i can only think that i'm doing something wrong or i'm missing something, (do i need the .135 instead of the .134 version)..i would even go so far as to try a program i heard of called romcenter?? that would let you customize the version of the rom your using *but i wanted to try to get some feeback before i go that far ( i mean ,come on, it's pac-man , it can;t be THAT difficult for me to get it to run)

next, is Ms.pacman

when i load my rom image(.134) ..(i even have a few older versions i tried) it kicks me back to the homrebrew page (rather than give me the missing rom or chg error) ,any suggestions??

my galaga works on .3.1 (but does't work on the newer version (.4.1) and mr do is just the opposite *works on .41 but not on .31

any suggestions would really be apprecaited on any of the above issues (as this one and it's been stumping me for awhile). i alos have the pacmanplus zip if i needed .. king, kick, anyone??!! please help
Re: mame STUMPER!!
February 07, 2010 12:04AM
Known issues with the drivers. You read the discussion page before you wrote it up here?
February 08, 2010 06:12PM
Hello U-H, thanks for the heads' up. I've read through quite a few dicussion theads on this topic , but not specificaly sure i read the ones you are referencing. are you (or anyone) able to post a link these specific discussion threads unhuman mentioned

also, anyone have any further detailed information on this topic (or and threads fo rme to read on this topic)
thank you and any help is appreciated
February 08, 2010 08:48PM
If you go to WiiBrew - to any page, at the top, there are tabs - click the discussion tab. Has LOTS of info.
February 09, 2010 03:00AM
Unhuman, good looking out!
i checked the discussion forum and pulled Spec's .315 build and it loaded up ms.pac-man and pac-man with no problems at all. Not sure how he tweaked it, but kudos to him (and to you for pointing me in that direction)
i was also able to grab the source code so i'm going to try to see if i can (or get some guidance from someone on how to) make a ms.pac-man self boot proggie *kinda like kickflip's pac-man
....anybody up for a programming challenge (if so, i'll be creating a mame thread in the programming request section; feel free to give it a look)

once again, thank you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2010 03:13AM by OmegaPrime.
February 09, 2010 04:11AM
thank you back - hadn't been there in a while, but I want the pacman games too!

:)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login