Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Quake Wii & Helium Boy control problem...

Posted by AV3NG3R 
Quake Wii & Helium Boy control problem...
March 02, 2010 05:31PM
When playing Quake Wii & Helium Boy, the directional controls are all screwed. down and left move down and left respectively, but up & right ALSO move down & left respectively! Gameplay is literally impossible. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the apps with no success. I'd read on another forum that for some control issues, it may be a matter of plugging/unplugging the nunchuck at various times such as before or after loading the app or starting the game. Again, I've tried with no success.

This error only occurs when playing the two aforementioned apps. SNES9X, SMW and all Wii titles work flawlessly.

I've found one other help forum where someone reported this same issue a while back (took 4+ hours to find) and they were never helped. Can someone PLEASE HELP ME?!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2010 05:34PM by AV3NG3R.
Re: Quake Wii & Helium Boy control problem...
March 02, 2010 09:54PM
This is a problem is new nunchuks. Later revisions of libogc fixed this problem. The apps need to be recompiled under the newer stuff to work properly.
March 03, 2010 04:01AM
Thank you SO MUCH for the help! I'm sort of a noob with this stuff, so please explain to me how to do this step by step.
March 03, 2010 04:04AM
Its something that you need to contact the developer about....
March 03, 2010 01:23PM
Unless you can get the source yourself, which you can't for Helium Boy. Quake Wii is open source, so you can update libogc and rebuild it.
March 03, 2010 03:07PM
No offense, but if my explanation is not enough for you then I recommend bugging the developers about the problem and getting them to fix it.
March 04, 2010 01:34AM
Thanks to all who offered their help. I appreciate it very much.

Arikado, its true, I do not understand how to "recompile the apps under the newer stuff", but if you could tell me how to obtain a revision of libogc and do it step by step I'm sure I could do it myself. I don't quite understand a lot of the technical aspects of modding, but with instruction I've been able to hack my Xbox, Wii and phone to run homebrew software.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login