Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MPlayerCE v0.76 probelem

Posted by wdiddy 
MPlayerCE v0.76 probelem
March 25, 2010 07:11AM
I put MPlayer on my SD card and access it from HBC but when I try to load it, it just gets stuck on "Loading MPlayerCE v.0.76". When I downloaded the app; readme, readmore and MplayerCD.png icons were outside an apps folder and inside the apps folder is a folder named mplayer ce and in this folder are 15 other items. When I save it on my SD card I'm not sure where to put it. I already have an apps folder so I put the Mplayer items there, is that wrong. I've tried different ways but nothing works. I just need some clarification on how the wii looks at folders on the SD card and then I will understand how to do things in the future, please don't just give me the answer as to where to save things only. I want to be taught how to fish not given a fish, lol.
Re: MPlayerCE v0.76 problem
March 25, 2010 07:50AM
you know that I've been into testing all kinds of hacks but this wii hack has got to be one of the worst ones documented. For how long this has been around and how many people are doing it, the instructions are very bad. Can't wait until I figure it out, I'll make a nice sticky about how to do things and what they mean, if I ever figure it out.

Just tried to load MPlayer and then saw that I might need cios to get it working don't know why it isn't more clear about that but I read it in a different forum. I have no idea what the hell a "fake sign bug is" so therefore don't know what ios to use, I tried a few but some said "hasn't got fake sign bug" and others just sat there pretending to do something, don't know if it takes a half hour to load or 1 minute, but I gave up after 10 minutes figuring it must be locked up.

Hmmm just sitting here wondering if its all gonna be worth it in the end, so far I have a nice wiiLevel, don't know how much use I'll get out of that though.
Re: MPlayerCE v0.76 probelem
March 25, 2010 10:29PM
It's not that it's poorly documented, you just have to do more reading.
To put apps on the SD card, they must be in their own folder in the 'apps' folder.
If you read the README:

The archive contains a folder named "mplayer_ce" which you will need to copy to your "apps" folder on your SD Card. Once copied over you can launch it using the loader of your choice.
Inside the 'mplayer_ce' folder is a boot.dol [All homebrew apps come as either 'boot.dol' or boot.elf'], an icon.png [which is used to display in the HBC, and a meta.xml [which has information about the app that appears in the HBC]. Most homebrew apps have these three files. MPlayer CE also has 12 other files in the folder that are needed by the app.

So in short, in order for the HBC to detect the app, it should be in SD:\apps\{Name of app}\boot.dol {or boot.elf if it was an .elf file}
Re: MPlayerCE v0.76 problem
March 26, 2010 06:22AM
Yup I read all that and that's what I did. Now tell me why it just gets stuck on Loading....? I want to know how to fix the problem I'm having, what is a fake sign bug or what ios am I supposed to choose? Tell me where I can read that answer and then I'll admit to not reading. I read everything I can find and when I run into something that's not explained then I ask questions. The problem with the MPlayer file is that it has an apps folder in it which was kinda confusing, and since I did what I was told but didn't get the results I expected and no trouble shooting was possible since I don't understand how things work I am asking someone who has had similar problems or who knows their stuff to help. I don't want to be told where point B is, I want to know how to get there and look at the scenery on the way there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2010 06:29AM by wdiddy.
Re: MPlayerCE v0.76 probelem
March 30, 2010 01:46AM
I had problems with 0.76 as well when I updated. Try 0.75. I find it a lot more stable.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login