Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wolf 3D Wii - Full Version

Posted by JDHinten 
Wolf 3D Wii - Full Version
April 14, 2010 08:48PM
Hello everyone!

I recently downloaded the latest shareware-compiled version (1.3) of the Wolfenstein 3D Wii application. I was able to play through the entire first episode without a problem. However, after downloading the "full_nofiles" version and putting my full copy of the game on it, I found that it does not work. After the first screen, it displays an X in large font (on what should be the "profound carnage" screen) followed by a very messed up intro screen. An error message then briefly appears and it aborts back to the HBC. The only information I could find about this was a very similar post on the discussion page, but there was no information on how it might be fixed. I thought that perhaps someone here could help.

Is this something wrong with the engine, or am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Wolf 3D Wii - Full Version
April 15, 2010 11:23PM
The wiki page says, "Copy your game files that end in WL6 to the folder that your boot.dol is in." to use the full version. Try making sure you do not have multiple copies of the files or unneeded files present. Also try making sure that you downloaded the correct version of the app as there are four versions of it available.
Re: Wolf 3D Wii - Full Version
April 16, 2010 07:47PM
Thanks for the reply.

I definitely have the correct version of the app. I did have two apparently extraneous files but removing them only seemed to change the position of the X. I'm going to see if I can read the error message before it disappears - it might have some useful information.

Edit: The error message reads something like this:

Assertion... sealefactor <...>
desy . hight . sealefactor ...
destination rectangle out of bounds!
wii.vd.cpp S358 function void /.../.../...
int.int.int )
Abort called

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2010 10:35PM by JDHinten.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login