Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MPlayer CE - .dpg

Posted by openm17558 
MPlayer CE - .dpg
April 26, 2010 07:56PM
Good evening all and thank you to one all who help make this the best and most informing site there is....

My son has a few videos in the DPG format for his DS lite stored on this computer. The computer is WIFI networked in to the WII and Mplayer CE... as we watch AVI on the telly, thank to homebrew channel and Mplayer.

My Question is.... does anyone know if if is possible to play video files that are in DPG format..

Thank all in advance
Re: MPlayer CE - .dpg
April 26, 2010 08:10PM
WiiMC is now the best media player for the wii. However, it does not support DPG format. The supported formats are listed in the settings.h file of its source. I highly doubt that any other media player supports DPG.
April 26, 2010 09:57PM
I don't think any Wii player will support DPG because it is AFAIK a custom format made for MoonShell. However, IIRC, I read it was a very simple format, so it may be easy enough for someone to add support to a media player for it. But whether anyone with the knowledge to do so will is a completely different issue. Anyway, videos encoded for DS will look terrible on a TV screen, so I'd advise against pursuing it too far. You're better to use the original videos if you can, instead of the DPG version.
April 26, 2010 11:38PM
Advise, taken on board...

Thank you to you both

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2010 11:38PM by openm17558.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login