Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FCE Ultra Save state command in the joystick

Posted by veggav 
FCE Ultra Save state command in the joystick
May 18, 2010 01:46AM
Hi to all, this is my first post here.

I would like to ask if would be possible in the future to use save state and load state in the joystick ?

I do have a original nes controller in an adapter plugged to the gamecube controller port. I can play the games, everything works fine, but I would like to know if would be possible to put the save state button in select and load state in the start button.

I'm playing ninja gaiden again so, save and load state are a need to finish this game and using the wii remote every time to go to the menu, save, them play a little bit.. menu.. load.. is a very painful process.

Could that be done ?
Re: FCE Ultra Save state command in the joystick
May 22, 2010 09:32PM
Hey TANTRIC!! look here!!
May 28, 2010 08:45PM
I second this request. I'm playing Battletoads, Ninja Gaiden, and Spelunker, and it's a hassle to constantly go into the menu to load a state (It crashed and went back to the HBC twice in an hour before the updates)

However, I'm not sure how you can implement this if you have multiple states.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2010 08:46PM by Mestizo.
June 07, 2010 04:44AM
You don't need multiple states. Just a single one, select save, start load. Or if you play with a joystick that has 6 buttons, 4 of them will be used as A, B, start, select and the other two save state, load state.

This is not complicate to do, I mean, if you are good enough to develop a whole emulator for a console.

Or else support for keyboard would solve this, plug a wireless keyboard to the wii and f4 to save f5 to load.
June 07, 2010 06:48AM
Playing an emulator with a keyboard got old once they started making USB connectors for older controllers and gamepads designed like a PS2 controller. Anyway, I say "multiple save slots" for if someone else has data they'd like to save, or if I have multiple multi-player save data I'd like to keep.
June 07, 2010 03:13PM
That would be awesome too.

Let's hope that the nes emulator project for the wii is not stopped in time and get a new version :)

I'm hopping too for the snes gx emulator to get a new version that has no input lag, it's terrible to play mario world and die from jumping late ¬¬
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login