Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AnyRegion Changer

Posted by black5 
AnyRegion Changer
August 04, 2010 10:58AM
If you change your shop channel to another country using AnyRegion Changer, can it brick or semi-brick the Wii? No other modification is made to the Wii, only just changing the shop channel code to another country.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2010 10:58AM by black5.
Re: AnyRegion Changer
August 04, 2010 01:10PM
It won't brick it AFAIK, but you have to delete your current Shop Channel account in your own region, and lose all your WW and VC purchases to be able to access another region's Shop Channel.
August 10, 2010 07:48PM
When you do a bootmii backup before changing the shop region, will you be able to access your old account after restoring? Did somebody try?

Wait, the anyregion changer page says you cannot change the shop region anymore. Since which update?

The latest update to the shop channel BREAKS SHOP COUNTRY REGION CHANGING! Be warned that your Wii may be stuck in a certain region for the shop for the time being.
August 11, 2010 12:04AM
bomigoton
When you do a bootmii backup before changing the shop region, will you be able to access your old account after restoring? Did somebody try?

Someone has tried this. IIRC after restoring the NAND backup you will again be able to use your old shop channel purchases (they will be deleted when you delete your shop channel account). However, you will never be able to access a deleted shop channel account.

bomigoton
Wait, the anyregion changer page says you cannot change the shop region anymore. Since which update?

October 23, 2008. Before that the shop channel region could be changed without issue.
August 14, 2010 10:17AM
So, let me think.

If i have a bootmii backup of my wii , or a friends wii, which is on 3.1. And it never was online with the shop channel, when i use this in sneek, and change there the shop region. This should be a save method to get a japan shop region wii environment, right?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login