Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any NES emulators with fps limiter (frame limiter)?

Posted by steo2k10 
Any NES emulators with fps limiter (frame limiter)?
August 23, 2010 07:14PM
Hi, I'm looking for a nes emulator for wii with a frame limiter. I need to limit to 50fps for it to run properly and some games are only in 60fps. Forcing PAL doesn't work properly (it makes the sound lower pitched and some games glitch). Nestopia for pc works on 50fps limit but i'd like to be able to play it with the gamecube controller on my tv.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: If there's a way to toggle the fast forward speed to 50 it will do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2010 07:16PM by steo2k10.
Re: Any NES emulators with fps limiter (frame limiter)?
August 24, 2010 06:04PM
There is no other NES emulator for the Wii at the moment besides Fceugx.
However I have never heard of the issue you are reporting. PAL setting works effectively at 50 Hz.
Are you sure you are configuring it correctly?
August 24, 2010 08:57PM
It works ok pal games play at 50hz but all the roms like 100in1 etc cant be forced pal because the sound goes weird and some games glitch like track and field and that f1 game. I suppose i'll just have to get the roms 1 by 1 instead that I want.

Is there a way to convert ntsc roms to pal or a website that has rare pal roms (which you probably cant link here)?
August 24, 2010 09:13PM
Yes, PAL roms should be played at 50Hz and NTSC roms should be played at 60Hz otherwise they will feel slow.

I don't think roms can be converted from one region to another, since they are built different from the beginning. So yes, I think you will have to re-download all your roms in PAL version.

I can not provide you any link for roms here, since as you know that is illegal, however I will give you a couple hints: Uh, no.

Good luck!

SifJar Edit: None of that thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2010 09:16PM by SifJar.
August 24, 2010 09:34PM
Yeah thanks. I don't mind getting single roms anyway because the wii emulator itself has a menu to select games.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login