Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dragon Media Player

Posted by Hollow_Dragonite 
Dragon Media Player
August 24, 2010 07:24AM
Either no one else has this problem, or no one uses this app, but the newest version of DMP wont detect my flashdrive. The previous version detects it and plays most of my music fine, but the newest version only shows my sd card. Any help/tips?
Re: Dragon Media Player
August 25, 2010 05:43AM
Hollow_Dragonite
Either no one else has this problem, or no one uses this app, but the newest version of DMP wont detect my flashdrive. The previous version detects it and plays most of my music fine, but the newest version only shows my sd card. Any help/tips?

I'm having trouble even getting the app to work. I've been getting a black screen ever since the previous version, and there seems no place that has a solution, or at least acknowledges this issue as something to be looked at/worked upon. I'll watch this topic to see any insight.
August 25, 2010 08:44AM
Did u check the name of the folder? cuz when I downloaded it from the website, it was named dmp_alpha or something, instead of just dmp. I doubt this is why it doesnt work for u, but at least someone is trying to help you. I still need help.
August 25, 2010 06:09PM
Hollow_Dragonite
Did u check the name of the folder? cuz when I downloaded it from the website, it was named dmp_alpha or something

Really? Because the previous version came packaged simply as "dmp", and I thought that was the way it was supposed to work.

Probably the most annoying and unprofessional thing about DragonMinded, the author, is that there's absolutely NO WAY to contact him. I've tried finding an email address, visited his official site looking for any inquiry form, a forum or even a chat... but there's nothing at all. NOTHING. Gaaah.

Oh, and about your flashdrive... have you updated HBC to the latest version, and also install IOS58? I've been having several issues with several USB devices as well ever since I updated HBC and installed IOS58 (one of my failproof USBs is no longer being read by the Wii at all).

Maybe DragonMinded failed to make DMP IOS58 compliant?

UPDATE: Tried renaming "dmp" to "dmp_alpha" and no go. I'm still kinda pissed off 'cuz this is so far the only Wii media player that supports SPC and other sound chip emulation (SNES, Sega music, that sorta thing) and there seems to be absolutely no support available anywhere. If you're only using DMP to play music, might I suggest WiiMC instead?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2010 07:51PM by Magil.
September 13, 2010 01:57AM
Magil
Tried renaming "dmp" to "dmp_alpha" and no go.
Not what I meant. It was supposed to be dmp, not the other. Should have cleared that up earlier.

Magil
Oh, and about your flashdrive... have you updated HBC to the latest version, and also install IOS58? I've been having several issues with several USB devices as well ever since I updated HBC and installed IOS58
Yes, for both, but as I said, 0.16 works. Im using it right now. Only 0.2 wont detect it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2010 01:58AM by Hollow_Dragonite.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login