Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gecko works on one box, not on another??

Posted by busdriverfella 
Gecko works on one box, not on another??
September 12, 2010 10:13PM
Greetings,

I have 4.3U. I use latest Gecko to load cheat codes from SD for Wii Play Tanks!

This works like a charm on my box.

However, my friend ALSO has 4.3U. The exact same SD card, same Gecko, etc.

It looks like it works, e.g. it says it found codes on SD and applies them, but the game plays normally, and the nunchuks are dead!

Our boxes are exactly the same, menu version the same, I'm using the same SD card, etc. But codes don't apply and nunchuks die.

Any idea what the heck is going on with that?
Re: Gecko works on one box, not on another??
September 13, 2010 02:05AM
How are you launching Gecko? Is it the same? Cuz I also have 4.3 and it works fine, but I launch it from The Homebrew Channel.
September 13, 2010 02:23AM
I use Indiana Pwns for both. Gecko launches fine. The nunchuck is fine during Indiana Jones.

On MY box, Gecko loads Wii Play and the game runs using the applied codes, numchucks work.

On my FRIENDS box, Gecko loads Wii Play and the game runs normally (no cheats) and the nunchucks are dead.

To all appearances (mine) our boxes are exactly the same. I use the same save-game and disc for the exploit, and the SD card, everything.

I just don't get it.
September 13, 2010 02:39AM
Has your friend played with his Wii's internal? Like installed unauthorized cIOSes?

That can make a huge difference.
September 13, 2010 03:54AM
No, not at all. In fact, the reason I'm using indiana pwns every time is that he doesn't want to do anything to his Wii that isn't undone by powering off.

I don't even know what I should be looking for at this point. It's just weird.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2010 12:31AM by busdriverfella.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login