Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gravitii

Posted by g_man 
Gravitii
September 19, 2010 10:20PM
Gravitii
This is the first game I have created, and I was wondering what people thought of it. What do you like about it, What needs work. Sugesstions? I know that the graphics aren't very good, so if anyone is interested in working on those for me just send me a PM.
Thank you for any responces.
Re: Gravitii
September 20, 2010 04:35PM
I have not really had the time to play it, but I read through the wiki and watched the video.

What I can say is that it's very very ingenious!! It looks like a blast for those geek gamers like me which enjoy calculating speeds, angles and gravity effect on objects. It looks to me like a step ahead on Gorillas or Human Cannon Ball where you had to provide the speed and angle to hit the correct spot tracing a parabola aided with the gravity. This time it's the whole planet's gravity which will curve your throw. :)

As I told you, haven't played, but for what I watched, the physics look quite good, and as you say, maybe the graphics and sound could be done better.

Some ideas would be to give a more precise way to control the speed of your shot. Displaying it with the size of the arrow is cool, but not very accurate, if you want to shoot with the same speed again, but just vary your angle a little, I think it will be nearly impossible to do if you already moved your wiimote. Maybe some numerical visual aid would help? I dunno, it looks like you want to keep the interface clean and simple, so it doesn't look technical for kids.

Personally I think there should be no planets without gravity, there could be small planets with low density which could have VERY LOW gravity, but not null gravity. For nerds like me it would be amazing to have the gravity of the planets react according to its (size) x (density), which would always require both to be greater than zero, otherwise it wouldn't physically exist, and to be able to show those stats on screen somehow.

I will definitely give it a try when I get home and I will be looking forward updated versions.

Nice job! :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2010 04:39PM by Axel.
Re: Gravitii
September 21, 2010 06:56AM
thanks, I really appreciate the feedback. I'm definatly not a graphic artist at all, and I knew that from the start. The only reason that I have planets with no gravity is for a wall-like feature, and as soon as I organize this then I won't have a need for zero-gravity planets. As for the different levels of gravity my options from this point on would be like you said to calculate the size relative to the amount of gravity, or my other option would be to change the color of the planet which would simulate different densities. Either of these options I think would be acceptable, but I am leaning twoards the color changing because it leaves me the option of planet sizes as well as gravities.
As for aiming I agree that it can get difficult sometime to keep a constant aim, but I believe that putting numbers on the screen would look to cluttered. Like you said, I was going for a simplified look, not a screen with a bunch of numbers on it. Maybe I can have a button to lock in the previous power level. Like - might allow you to use the previous angle while modifying the power, while + would allow you to use the previous power while modifing the angle.
Thank you again for your feedback. I appreciate it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login