Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FCE Ultra GX 3.0.8: FDS BIOS not found

Posted by whirljack 
FCE Ultra GX 3.0.8: FDS BIOS not found
September 10, 2009 04:46AM
I get this error when I try to play an FDS game. I've got the disksys.rom in the root fceugx folder (sitting next to the roms and saves folders), as the instructions direct. I've also tried placing it in the \apps\fceugx folder, throwing it in the roms folder and copying it into the zip file with the FDS image. No matter where I put it, FCE doesn't seem to detect it.

What am I doing wrong? I'm using the disksys.rom file and FDS images from the no-intro collection...
Re: FCE Ultra GX 3.0.8: FDS BIOS not found
September 13, 2009 08:47PM
I did more testing and it seems to be a bug.

If you're loading your games from over the network instead of the SD card, it won't recognize disksys.rom. Strangely, if you load one FDS game from the SD card, then switch over to the network, it will be able to load FDS games until you quit. Of course, all I ever get is the Err. 22, so I'm still not playing Doki Doki Panic on my TV...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2009 08:52PM by whirljack.
November 07, 2010 04:12AM
Try version 3.0.2. but there are bugs in it. for example, as you go to the game menu (not the main menu), the memory crashes, but then your save files is corrupt. so make sure you back them up. And the other one is when you save it goes back to the loader. these also corrupts the save files. (sometimes these bugs don't happen all the time). it is old, but it works.

(and if you techical guys are reading this, PLEASE FIX THIS BUG!!! i am sick of these crashes!!!)
November 07, 2010 06:04AM
Why are you using version 3.0.2? The latest is 3.2.3 and it doesn't have this bug.

Also, you're replying to a thread more than a year old.

In short - what are you smoking?
November 07, 2010 05:23PM
i just experemented with old emulators and i have already tried version 3.2.3. the FDS bios error still came up. and no i am not smoking anything. Plus i looked up this error on Google and this is what came up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2010 05:25PM by scoobydude51.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login