Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gecko OS Not Showing Certain Options (and another question)

Posted by Wii404 
Gecko OS Not Showing Certain Options (and another question)
December 12, 2010 08:18AM
EDIT: I just became aware that I posted this in Homebrew General , so if someone could move it to Homebrew Applications, I'd appreciate it.

Whenever I go on Gecko OS (Latest and Oldest avaliable on Homebrew Browser, tried both) it only gives me four options. To boot the game, change the settings, and view the About section. Then, I also see Exit.

My problem is, I know there's more than four options, such as rebooting the system, launching WiiWare, Virtual Console games, and the such, with Gecko OS. (And for the record, I have proof. Whenever I put my SD Card in my friend's Wii, It includes all the options.

I'm not sure if this may be the problem, but I have a 4.3 Wii, while my friend is using 4.2. Both have the latest version of the Homebrew Channel, and run Gecko OS.

My second question is (and I'm aware it's unsupported. I just want to know, just in case something happens) how much of a risk is it to install a System Menu 4.1 WAD (obtained through a tool from the Homebrew Browser that extracted it from my Super Smash Bros. Brawl Disk,mind you), compared to using another tool? Would it still be dangerous? Would it have a greater chance of succeeding?

I would appriciate answers if you have them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2010 08:21AM by Wii404.
Re: Gecko OS Not Showing Certain Options (and another question)
December 12, 2010 08:40AM
The reason Gecko has more options on your friend's Wii is because he has patched IOSes (which we no longer support).

Installing a System WAD is the same no matter where you get it from (to a certain extent of course). It's not dangerous as long as you know what you are doing and you must install the correct IOS for your System Menu version.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login