Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Snes9xGX App shows up in homebrew channel but nothing happens when I try loading it...

Posted by Cryptozoologist 
Okay so I have the Homebrew Channel installed and I just installed Snes9xGx via an SD card. The application appears in my Homebrew Channel but when I select the app and choose "load" there's a very quick load bar that goes by and then it goes through the whole Homebrew Channel warnings again - then directs me to the main menu and doesn't allow me to do anything with the Snes application of choose games or anything. I just have the icon and option to load it which does nothing.

I'm thinking I probably put the rom files or some other files in the wrong place? I put the boot.dol and boot.elf files in the root of the SD like it told me but I can't really find any info on where exactly and how exactly to place the rom files, like in the root, or in it's own folder within 'Apps'? I'm getting really frustrated. If anyone ha any idea what i'm doing wrong or where to place the rom files/folder that'd be awesome!

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2011 12:13AM by Cryptozoologist.
Re: Snes9xGX App shows up in homebrew channel but nothing happens when I try loading it...
November 09, 2011 05:49PM
boot.dol should not be in the root of the SD card, it should be in the app's folder within "apps" (e.g. apps\snes9xgx\boot.dol). And you only need one or other of boot.dol or boot.elf. Both should work the same, so probably whichever is smaller (usually the DOL I believe) use (so as not to waste space on SD card) and delete the other.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login