Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unofficial SNES9x GX versions

Posted by devilsbook 
Unofficial SNES9x GX versions
September 18, 2008 05:39AM
I don't know if anyone would be interested in it, but just in case...I had made a hack of SNES9x GX, which is identical to the "official" SNES 9x GX version 004 except that in addition to .zip, it supports other archive formats than .zip, some offering better compression: .gz, .tar.gz, .bz2, .tar.bz2, and JMA, which is similar to 7-Zip (supposedly it gives better compression for SNES ROMs, according to the author of the SNES tool NSRT, which as far as I know is the only JMA archiver).

Credits...JMA code was ported from the desktop version of SNES9x, bzip2 code was based on libbzip2 as included in WiiEngine by Hermes, and gz was provided by zlib, with the tar code by me.

I hope someone may find it useful.

Download (source included, compile with "make -f Makefile.wii")
Re: Unofficial SNES9x GX versions
September 18, 2008 08:29PM
You should post this on the google code page of the Snes9x for them to integrate it into thier sources. [code.google.com]
September 18, 2008 11:13PM
Link_of_Hyrule
You should post this on the google code page of the Snes9x for them to integrate it into thier sources. [code.google.com]
I would, but it isn't exactly "clean." I don't really know how to code, much less C or C++. As it is, the source is here, so if the devs really want it they can integrate it.
September 20, 2008 07:35AM
well thats why you post a a ticket for an inhancement with your code included i'm sure they can clean it up before they integrate it.
September 20, 2008 06:16PM
Google Code doesn't seem to have any kind of patch tracker, so I don't know where I'd post it anyway.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login