Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unable to Load State on Genesis Plus

Posted by helixair6 
Unable to Load State on Genesis Plus
October 24, 2009 09:25AM
I am unable to load a state from the genesis plus emulator. I am able to save one, and when i go to load game, and then to load state, there is a state there for my game, but when i select it, the screen just goes black. the wii doesn't freeze, because i can hit the home button and it will go back to the main menu of genesis plus. Am i supposed to load it a different way, or is there a certain way to load your state? There was one time where the screen took me to the actual state, but was just frozen, the game did not continue. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Need to get my Road Rash 2 on...

EDIT: I am using the Genesis Plus emulator threw the Home Brew Channel
Re: Unable to Load State on Genesis Plus
October 24, 2009 08:04PM
what you mean by "when i select it" ? There is actually no way to select which savestate will be loaded...

The fact you get a black screen and are still able to go back to main menu make me wonder: you didn't tried to load a savestate file from the "load game" menu, don't you ?

Because this will not work, proper usage is:

1/ load a ROM file (Main Menu -> Load New Game)

when you are ready to save the current state:

2/ save game's state (Main Menu -> File Management -> STATE Manager -> Save State)

later, when you want to load the saved state:

3/ load game's state (Main Menu -> File Management -> STATE Manager -> Load State)
October 31, 2009 12:30AM
Yeah, i tried that, but when i get to STATE Manager screen and select Load State, nothing happens. It just stays on the same screen. The Device is set to FAT. Any ideas?
October 31, 2009 04:59PM
Are you sure you loaded a ROM first before trying to load a savestate ?
Also, check that there is a .gpz file with the same name as the ROM file in the /genplus/saves directory on your SDCARD, otherwise this means you didn't saved anything.

You initially said you got a black screen when loading savestate, now that it does nothing, if you want help, you need to be more clear ...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login