Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is my wii bricked? (Preloader Question)

Posted by xplode90 
Is my wii bricked? (Preloader Question)
November 13, 2009 06:21AM
Hi my wii was working good for about a week until today where I turned it on and it would just boot right into the preloader menu. Well I started fooling around with the autoboot option and put it on file , now every time I restart my wii it loads into The homebrew channel installer and the only think I can do is install it or press cancel. If i install it boots back up into the same thing to install it again and I cant get off of that screen. Is there a way to fix this? I read something about a repod disk but the download link didnt work. Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2009 12:56PM by Arikado.
Re: Is my wii bricked? (Preloader Question)
November 13, 2009 12:56PM
Your Wii is not bricked. You just dont understand how to use preloader.
November 13, 2009 07:01PM
Hold reset as you turn on Wii and change settings in preloader. as arikado said, your wii is not bricked.
November 13, 2009 08:18PM
Ok well back to my original problem then, I got back to the preloader menu but I still can't get back to system menu. It says

"error autobooting system menu ticket not found!"

this is the part im stuck at. thanks
November 13, 2009 10:52PM
im guessing you are using phpgeek's rev4 or below

get priiloader 0.1 , it copies the ticket so it can boot system menu
November 14, 2009 07:08AM
Alright guys thanks for all the help again. But ive hit another wall. I think the solution is to reinstall the system menu 3.2u but here is the problem i am now having. I have a GC controller and wii remotes, the remotes do not sync at all for me in preloader so I have to use the GC controller to get to HBC and then Wad manager. Then my problem here is that I cannot use the gc controller to install the system menu it says press A but it doesn't recognize the GC controller i guess and Ive tried syncing my wii remotes again but those havent worked either. Any help would be appreciated
November 14, 2009 07:12AM
yeah, you're not able to sync wiimotes in preloader, just sync them in the HBC or sysmenu
November 14, 2009 02:54PM
as it says on the google code
i need system menu version, ios , wii settings and if you have any ios patched and with what to try and get the problem to emerge
if the WPAD_Init() failed im pretty sure its your ios/wii usage and not me.
however, if it is me i would love to fix it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2009 03:00PM by dacotaco.
December 14, 2009 12:47AM
And a suggestion to any Homebrew Developers, maybe someone could make a Priiloader/Preloader Configuration Application, like BootMii Configure App.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login