Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CTR-GCS DacoTaco Edition - Restoring to Official Memory Cards

Posted by MountainDrew 
CTR-GCS DacoTaco Edition - Restoring to Official Memory Cards
February 14, 2012 02:23AM
Hello.
I was wondering if anyone been able to restore a .RAW dump to an official memory card with CTR-GCS DacoTaco Edition? This program works flawlessly using the .RAW format with unofficial cards, but it always corrupts my official GC card 251 upon restore. I've dumped a freshly formatted official memory card and restored the empty dump without problem, but the second I try to restore a dump to an official card with even a single game save, it corrupts. (Note: The backups of the official cards seem to be fine, as the created RAW files can be read by Dolphin without any problem)
Re: CTR-GCS DacoTaco Edition - Restoring to Official Memory Cards
February 14, 2012 03:09AM
Did you follow the instructions here? [wiibrew.org]
Re: CTR-GCS DacoTaco Edition - Restoring to Official Memory Cards
February 14, 2012 04:17AM
Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I have no problem getting the program to access the official memory card. With a little luck and those instructions, I was able to successfully make a backup of my official card. (For some reason, following those instructions does not work all the time, but I can get it to work about 25% of the time) However, after restoring any .RAW dump with a save file (after the program closes itself upon writing the data to the card) the Wii/GC will say the card is corrupted and needs to be formatted.

Unfortunately I do not know enough about the data/file structure of the memory cards to know how the official cards are different from the unofficial cards, but apparently the same procedure/code used to write data to unofficial cards does not work with the OEM ones. Maybe someone else knows more about this.

-MD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login