Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Preloader: what can it do?

Posted by metroid_maniac 
Preloader: what can it do?
February 11, 2009 06:50PM
I know preloader is a dol that sits between the wii menu and boot2, but what I want to know is this:
1. can you set it to go direct to the wii menu, then go to preloader by pressing reset?
2. does region free work?
3. will it be pretty much impossible to brick with bootmii installed?
Re: Preloader: what can it do?
February 11, 2009 10:09PM
Bootmii really doesnt have anything to do with preloader.
February 12, 2009 07:33AM
yeah, i know but it is still quite hard to brick the wii while installing preloader if you have bootmii, right (well, you can brick but it is recoverable)
February 12, 2009 03:49PM
It is pretty hard to brick the Wii with preloader install, anyway: it just renames the System Menu .dol and installs the preloader .dol...

But answering your questions:

1. Probably, but I don't really know. preloader have a .dol autoboot feature, so I guess you could just use the feature to point to the Wii Menu .dol.
2. Only with 3.2 System Menu. Other versions can't use this feature (it actually uses the same SM patchs from Starfall)
3. With BootMii, yes, if you are talking about banner bricks, semi-bricks, region bricks and etcetera. With preloader, you can only resolve banner bricks; if you update your console with a foreign disc, or by internet, preloader's .dol will be overwritten.
February 12, 2009 08:18PM
Lets not forget bootmii isnt even close to completion yet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login