Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rewire VC (*.wad) game inputs

Posted by jdziuk 
Rewire VC (*.wad) game inputs
February 20, 2009 09:24AM
How are the VC games created, and how can they be edited? I find it very, very limiting that most of the Nintendo64 games I have as *.wad files can only be played with the classic controller.

The specific games I am looking at editing are Zelda Ocarina, Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, StarFox 64, (okay mainly just Zelda Ocarina of Time), and I would like to clarify that I do own a Nintendo 64 system as well as each of the games just named.

My goal is to play these games with the standard Wii controllers, not the classic controller.

How can I change the way the VC will translate the wiimote+nunchuk inputs into the inputs needed by the N64 game?
Re: Rewire VC (*.wad) game inputs
February 20, 2009 02:52PM
your best bet is to leave Nintendo's emu/game package VC game alone and just wait for the emulator to come out for it from Wiibrew.
February 20, 2009 05:16PM
Not worth your time.

Whats wrong with using a gamecube controller?
February 20, 2009 08:54PM
Arikado
Whats wrong with using a gamecube controller?

I second that. The Wiimote + Nunchuk combo is not nearly as ergonomic than using a good-old GameCube controller or the Classic controller...

And wait, your lucky bastard! You have a N64? Why the hell you want to run these games emulated anyway? =P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login