Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Changing the TItle ID on a WiiDisc

Posted by humor4fun 
Changing the TItle ID on a WiiDisc
December 17, 2008 07:38PM
I have been looking into if it is possible to change the Title ID on a WiIDisc. I know it is possible because I've done it with VC when doing VC rom injections. But I want to be able to do it with a WiiDisc so the game will create a new save file for each game disc. I have read the WiiBrew pages, but it is unclear to me if this is possible. If it is possible, has it already been done? And if not, what process would I need to follow?

thanks
Re: Changing the TItle ID on a WiiDisc
December 17, 2008 08:18PM
I have a question:
Would changing the disc ID even help? Do IOSes only use folders that match the disc ID?
Or is the ID also hardcoded in the game executeable?
December 18, 2008 12:23AM
I believe that the game just requests to save data, and then IOS decides where and how the data is to be saved. so the IOS manages the folders and such based on the disc ID
December 18, 2008 12:37AM
I was going to ask a follow up question:

Can one title access another title's savegames/data?

Then I remembered that Mario Kart does that. It unlocks a driver if you have a Super Mario Galaxy savegame.
December 18, 2008 01:14AM
well that doesn't look at the other game's data, it just sees that there is data. Which can be done by asking the system if it has a any data saved for discID Rxxxxx.
December 18, 2008 08:01PM
humor4fun
well that doesn't look at the other game's data, it just sees that there is data. Which can be done by asking the system if it has a any data saved for discID Rxxxxx.

Oh yeah, you are right.

So my question remains:
Can one title access another title's savegames/data?
December 22, 2008 04:07AM
Sometimes; it depends on the permissions set by the game that created the savefile.

What exactly are you trying to do? Be specific.
December 22, 2008 06:04PM
If you open the iso in a hex editor the first 4 bytes are the title ID, i haven't tried changing it though
December 23, 2008 07:36PM
My goal in changing the DiscID would be to force the game to create a new save file and save it's data to that new file instead of the file/folder associated with the original disc.
December 26, 2008 05:46AM
You might need to change the 4 bytes of the disk image. You will also need to -- at the very least -- modify (and fakesign) the ticket.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login