Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HBC update from 2.2e firmware?

Posted by BatFastard 
HBC update from 2.2e firmware?
January 05, 2009 09:32PM
Im trying to install the HBC via the Twighlight hack, however it does not seem to want to load. I can run the hack fine and it runs thru the loading process and restarts but then the HBC does not show up in my Wii Channel. As i have not used my Wii in a very long time i have not installed any updates and i am currently on Wii Firmware ver.2.2E. Has this got anything to do with why it isnt loading?

I formatted the SD card (which is old and generic) in XP in FAT32 and FAT (it didnt give me an option for FAT16) could this also be a problem with why i cannot load the HBC?

Any help is appreciated because im a bit new to all this

Cheers

BF
Re: HBC update from 2.2e firmware?
January 05, 2009 10:02PM
Try upgrading to 3.2 via replacing HBCs boot.dol with anyregionchangers boot.dol.
January 05, 2009 10:21PM
How do i do that? Just simply paste the *.dol from AnyRegion Changer into the root folder and delete the boot.dol file from the HBC? Or do i need additional files to run it?
January 05, 2009 11:00PM
Yes. Just the *.dol from ARC and rename to boot.dol. It requires an active network connection to get the files from the NUS server.

There's a video here so you can see what to expect.

[www.youtube.com]

This video has HBC already installed but after a couple minutes you will see them running ARC.

~KnoWei
January 06, 2009 12:11AM
How do you extract an ARC?
January 06, 2009 12:20AM
If you're refering to Nintendo's U8 archives, my Banner Creator will allow you to read and write to them. I have done extensive tests, and it should work okay, although just be careful :-)
January 06, 2009 12:30AM
comex
How do you extract an ARC?
KnoWei was using ARC as an abbreviation of AnyRegion Changer.
January 06, 2009 01:08AM
@Comex. Not sure what you mean by "extract an ARC". When you download the ARC zip file it has AnyRegion_Changer1.1b.dol in it and a bunch of other stuff.

If you are running the TP exploit for the first time you can put the *.dol in the root directory and it will launch ARC. You can scroll down past all the region settings and near the bottom (as I'm sure you are aware) there's an option to update to Menu version 3.2. When you select that it begins to try and download a number of files from NUS which it presumably uses in the upgrade.

Not sure if this clarifies what I was trying to explain above.

~KnoWei
January 06, 2009 01:14AM
KnoWai
@Comex. Not sure what you mean by "extract an ARC". When you download the ARC zip file it has AnyRegion_Changer1.1b.dol in it and a bunch of other stuff.
An .ARC file has to do with banners, so when you put ARC (meaning AnyRegion Changer) he thought it was an ARC file.
January 06, 2009 01:22AM
Got it. Apologies, I scanned the post in a hurry and didn't realize you had answered the question BG4545. Thanks for clarifying.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.