Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Backing up and restoring my savegames after 4.0

Posted by sremick 
Backing up and restoring my savegames after 4.0
May 21, 2009 08:10PM
Hey, sorry for what will probably be a newbie question for most of you. My lurking hasn't straightened this out for me though so I decided to just go ahead and ask.

I haven't updated to 4.0 yet (so I guess I'm still on 3.4). I already have the HBC installed and working.

My goal with homebrew was to play around with the free stuff people were making, but primarily to have a way to back up and restore my savegames (particularly those that won't let you otherwise, such as Mario Kart, Guitar Hero, etc). Honestly I haven't had need to actually do that yet, I just wanted the ability should I need to. I did determine that the tool I'd need to use was the Savegame Installer/Extractor (correct?).

Anyhow, so now 4.0 is here and I'd like to upgrade. But it looks like the Savegame Installer/Extractor is affected, from my lurking.

So my questions are:

1) Is there a way to get the Savegame Installer/Extractor working after 4.0 for use with my own savegames? I'm not downloading them from the internet or otherwise messing around with them.

2) Is it possible to use the Savegame Installer/Extractor to move my existing savegames to a new Wii? My Wii has some minor issues and I'm concerned about them becoming major and resulting in a new Wii. I don't want to lose my savegames though. I am not clear if this tool will allow them to work on a different Wii with a different Wii # (or on your own Wii after a format, which also gives it a new number).

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login