Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trucha IOS on 4.0

Posted by MattMan 
Trucha IOS on 4.0
June 12, 2009 01:34AM
Is it possible to install a previous version of an IOS obtained via WUFE on System Menu 4.0, so as to enable fakesigning? Please explain why or why not and describe the process if it is possible and legal.
Re: Trucha IOS on 4.0
June 12, 2009 01:57AM
No, you can't install an older version of IOS over a new one.
June 12, 2009 02:22AM
There are a lot of ways to get an ios with the trucha bug. However, that is not one of them.
June 12, 2009 07:35PM
All right, so is there a legal way to obtain a trucha IOS on System Menu 4.0?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2009 08:13PM by MattMan.
June 12, 2009 08:04PM
I'm not sure if there is a legal way, but there are ways. Won't discuss them though as any I can think of I believe are illegal. What do you need it for anyway?
June 13, 2009 02:33AM
Mainly to not be at the mercy of Nintendo Updates. For example, if Nintendo were to come up with a homebrew disabling update that also updated the Wii Shop Channel, I would be able to use WiiSCU to update my Wii Shop Channel while keeping homebrew. Also to disable disk updates with Preloader, so when newer games are released with future updates, I will be able to play them without disabling any homebrew.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2009 02:54AM by MattMan.
June 13, 2009 12:17PM
You can use WiiSCU without trucha bug. You just can't patch the trucha bug into the IOSes you download. It will work fine if you just install IOSes and update channels. To play games without updates, try Gecko OS. It can block updates without fakesigned IOS and can also install the necessary parts of updates without installing new System Menu. This will allow you to play new games without updating, and no need for fakesigned IOS. It can also boot import games and can apply cheats.
June 13, 2009 05:56PM
Okay, thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login