Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Weird Possibility....

Posted by WaxyPumpkin72 
Weird Possibility....
June 25, 2009 06:10AM
AFAIK, for some reason, if you use anyregion changer to change your shop region without previously deleting your current account, you'll be stuck with no shop channel. The problem is, if you delete your current account, you lose all of your VC/Wiiware tickets. My idea is this:

Would it be possible to make a NAND backup while you still have a US account, and after the backup is done, delete your account, thus being able to have a Japanese shop channel. And, if you wanted to, make a backup of your NAND while you have a japanese shop region, and restore either NAND when you want to use either shop region. Could this possibly work? Please let me know if this is possible, or if you don't understand my proposition. :P

Edit: Also, you can always use starfall to boot region free channels.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2009 06:22AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
Re: Weird Possibility....
June 25, 2009 07:41PM
I think this is possible, but you would need to delete your Shop Channel account before restoring the backup. And then you would have to create a new account after restoring.
June 26, 2009 12:41AM
Exactly. Do you think i should try it?!?! xD
June 26, 2009 01:27AM
Well, you could if you wanted to; just be careful when restoring backups. I think it would be interesting to try it.

And I've always wondered about the Japanese TV channel...
June 26, 2009 02:29AM
MattMan
just be careful when restoring backups.

Are there certain precautions i should take during this process??
June 26, 2009 09:58PM
Just don't restore backups during a storm or when a bunch of rowdy kids are jumping around in your living room. Basically, if you think that your Wii could possibly lose its supply of electricity, wait until more ideal conditions.
June 27, 2009 02:05AM
Lol, thanks. I don't get many storms where i live, but i do get rowdy little kids. I don't like toddlers. They break my things. Once i had a toddler come over ( i had to......babysit him!! :o) and he grabbed my sensor bar and slammed it up and down!!!! :P

Sorry, offtopic, thanks for the help. :D I'll think I'll try it out later.

Also, what do you suggest to be the best app for region free channels? I know Starfall can do it, but can't menuloader do it too? Does starfall make permanent modifications? Sorry about all the questions, I like to have information. :P

Edit: Grammar and Punctuation.

Edit2: Remembering that I needed to edit. :P

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2009 02:07AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 27, 2009 09:24PM
Yes, Starfall and Menuloader both enable RegionFree channels, as well as Preloader.

Starfall does make permanent changes, so you wouldn't have to run it everytime you want to load a channel, however, there is a slight risk involved (Preloader is the same way).

I would recommend Starfall over Preloader if all you want is RegionFree channels.

And there is always the possibilty that some channels will not be compatible with Starfall or Menuloader.
June 28, 2009 02:02AM
Okay, thanks.
July 02, 2009 10:40PM
Gecko OS can also load region free channels I believe, either directly from Gecko OS or by rebooting with hooks
July 02, 2009 10:52PM
Thanks, i already installed starfall though, and it works fine....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login