Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SaveGame Installer (and extractor) on 4.0

Posted by textgenerator 
SaveGame Installer (and extractor) on 4.0
July 16, 2009 03:13AM
Hi,

Due to some issues I have I might have to format my Wii, and then re-install the HBC.

The only thing: I have 2 saves backed up with savegame extractor, that I will want to install again with SaveGame Installer after i formatted. However, if the app stopped working on 4.0 then I will have to reconsider. So does anyone know?
Re: SaveGame Installer (and extractor) on 4.0
July 16, 2009 03:16AM
I bet you don't have to format your Wii. Why don't you start by telling us your "issues"
July 16, 2009 03:28AM
Yea i guess if thats possible that would be best of course. Here's the problem:

I bought Mega Man 9 from the shopping channel, but then i couldnt download it (gave an error code). The same happened when i tried downloading it directly to the SD card. I came back several hours later and it still wouldnt download. Now the cause is probably that I used to have some pirated stuff, such as this game on my wii but i deleted all of that and i want to become legit completely. The only thing I will be needing the HBC from now on is Gecko OS for some bought imports.

I tried solving it by launching AnyTitle_Deleter and looking for some remaining old ticket but it wasnt there. Therefore, I have no clue what is causing the trouble and figured my only chance of fixing it would be a format.

So if anybody has a suggestion of something i could try to fix this, please let me know. Or, if someone can confirm the compatibility of the save installer with 4.0, then I can just do a format instead. Any shared thoughts on this are much appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2009 03:43AM by textgenerator.
July 16, 2009 03:41AM
If you have BootMii installed as boot2, first do a NAND Backup before you do anything else.

You should try getting rid of all of your pirated tickets, and then redownloading the game. That might work. If not, then try reformatting your system.
July 16, 2009 03:59PM
Thanks for the advice. I already had all the pirated tickets removed and it didnt change anything. I formatted the wii without deleting the shopping channel account of course (the wii recommended to remove it) and after that I was finally able to download my bought game. Now everything is fine, but I still dont know if i will be able to copy back the saves i created with Savegame Extractor before. As I dont feel like going through the trouble of installing the HBC on my virgin Wii just to find out it doesnt work, the question remains:

Has anybody tried if Savegame Installer works on 4.0 yet?
July 16, 2009 04:18PM
textgenerator
As I dont feel like going through the trouble of installing the HBC on my virgin Wii just to find out it doesnt work
Run the app with Bannerbomb then.
July 16, 2009 04:57PM
Arikado
Run the app with Bannerbomb then.

I made a minor mistake first, but now everything went smoothly and my savegames are restored perfectly!! thank you very very much, i cant tell you how glad this made me :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2009 05:28PM by textgenerator.
July 16, 2009 06:51PM
No problem. If you have any other problems, questions, or concerns, please ask :)
July 18, 2009 08:31AM
for future reference, yes. it should work. my friend used 4.0u with animal crossing and had no problem extracting/installing his save file.

and yes, savegame installer/extractor still works with 4.1u...before anyone asks. i've updated as well as my friend and we've both tested it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2009 08:41AM by dxmkrew.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login