Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Preloader problem

Posted by wiiman 
Preloader problem
July 15, 2009 03:52AM
I installed preloader with Fail Removed perfecly but when I turn off the wii the video card thingi stays up in a black screen. not only when i shut down from homebrew channel, fro ANYTHING. Im on 4.0u. how can i fix it?
if not, is there any other way to use the hacks without preloader?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2009 02:59PM by Arikado.
Re: Preloader problem
July 15, 2009 08:11AM
SifJar
*sigh* this is why its called GBAFail. and this is why we dont use Wanikoko fail.
July 15, 2009 02:59PM
Uninstall it to fix it.
July 17, 2009 02:05AM
Arikado
Uninstall it to fix it.

I did. but i want the hacks. is there anotherway to use them thats not preloader?
July 17, 2009 05:26AM
Fail Removed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2009 03:08PM by Arikado.
July 17, 2009 09:51AM
SoftMii = fail. SoftMii is illegal.
July 17, 2009 10:59AM
SifJar
Softmii is fail. In a zip

the closest you'll get to themes legally is Freedom by crediar. :-) go to his channel on youtube and you'll see what I mean.

(note: it's not released yet)
July 17, 2009 04:34PM
actually I believe MyMenuify/MyMenu are legal ways to get themes. but softmii is not legal. it is epic fail.
July 18, 2009 12:41AM
I'm uninstalling the preloader, cause its useless with v4.1U. I can't use the hacks to turn off the skip disc update check or region free options. Now some games want to update and they aren't of this region. I want to uninstall it. I'm using Channel File Manager. Where is the preloader located on my nand? Also are there any alternatives to the preloader with hacks compatible with 4.1?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2009 12:50AM by LeftToSigh.
July 18, 2009 05:43AM
You already have system menu 4.1, and you installed preloader on another system menu version??
Then you updated to 4.1?

If that is the case, preloader is already gone.
July 18, 2009 07:07AM
I had 4.1 but then used the bootmii/boot2 timewarp painlessly go back to 4.0. Ready to go back to 4.1 anytime just need a compatible pre-loader to execute system menu hack settings.
July 19, 2009 12:08AM
Was Preloader present, whne you made the BootMii backup?
July 19, 2009 05:30AM
I have 2 different nand backups. The fresh one with the official 4.0 update that came with my replacement Wii after freshly installing HBC & then theres the one after I installed the cios' and pre-loader. Thats the one I'm using that one right now cause it works with 4.0. Just kinda wish the pre-loader hacks worked on 4.1 & that bug that makes the disk continue to spin was completely ironed out at least in some newer version. It still exist in v0.29 though said to have been fixed in the logs for it.
July 21, 2009 03:27AM
The Preloader hacks now work with System Menu 4.1. Go to the Preloader page on Wiibrew to find the hacks.ini.
July 21, 2009 05:48AM
Yep, they work. I'm happy with 4.1 it doesn't have the menu bugs that flawed 4.0U like the infrequent screen lags/black loading delayed screens while WC24 was turned on. It seemed that the preloader was complimenting and conflicting with that specific 4.0U bug as well resulting in the disc endlessly spinning when exiting back to Wii menu then eventually when entering one of channels or one of the system settings the screen wouldn't continue or would freeze, but the menu music could still be heard. It would tend to happen more frequently if the system wasn't completely reset after playing a game or from the Wii menu hit 'home' and click Wii menu again. So far I haven't been experiencing neither one of the bugs on 4.1 and I've been really testing to see if I could get either one to surface but all seems to be running normal.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login